GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Some help & advice needed TomTom Go 730 & Installing Truck software...

davecmr is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Some help & advice needed TomTom Go 730 & Installing Truck software...

Hi,

Currently running on Windows Mobile 5 TT7 but as I require the Truck software and this only works on PNA's I'm looking at buying a Go 730 from the TomTom Outlet store.

Now I've never had anything to do with the hacking of PNA's so I have just a few quick questions am I right in thinking I have to do the following:

1. Backup TomTom through TomTom Home
    2. Download Navcore 8.395(1913) Work - Truck x10, XL & Install (Do I do this from the link on here in the Navcore section or can I do it though TT Home)
    3. Download the Truck Map 840 2554
    4. Crack with Easyusetools

Also I will need it all on SD Card, so can I leave the PNA as it is and when its got the SD Card in it it will run the truck software and when it hasnt it runs what its meant to, if that makes sense??

Is that all I need to do or have I missed anything out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Some help & advice needed TomTom Go 730 & Installing Truck software...

I've found a Go 540 Live is there any benefit apart from the live services to the Go 730 and will the Go 540 run the Truck software?

steve uk is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davecmr View Post
    I've found a Go 540 Live is there any benefit apart from the live services to the Go 730 and will the Go 540 run the Truck software?
    540 live will run the truck software no problem. Get yourself a 4gb micro sd card and put the nav core and map on there. Do as you said in your firtst post. With the sd card in the 540 it will run the truck and when removed will run the internal software.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve uk View Post
    540 live will run the truck software no problem. Get yourself a 4gb micro sd card and put the nav core and map on there. Do as you said in your firtst post. With the sd card in the 540 it will run the truck and when removed will run the internal software.
    Sounds promising, do the Live services still work when using the Truck map? Its mainly the traffic I am interested in. Are there any performance differences between a 730 & 540 I cant seem to find much info on RAM and Processor.

Also to get it working on the 540 is there anything I need to do re the navcore with the 540 being a x40 system?

Cheers.

Thanks

Sounds promising, do the Live services still work when using the Truck map? Its mainly the traffic I am interested in. Are there any performance differences between a 730 & 540 I cant seem to find much info on RAM and Processor.

Also to get it working on the 540 is there anything I need to do re the navcore with the 540 being a x40 system?

Cheers.
    Live services did not work with the truck map only with the original software on the internal. The truck map and truck navcore were on the 4gb micro sd card. 720 had 2gb internal and the 540 only 1gig internal. Truck map is over 2gb so you will need a 4gb card.

With the micro card in 540 it boots from that first and not the internal

Thanks

Many thanks I've got the 4gb micro sd card at home and Citylink have the GO 540 so hopefully I will get it all working over the weekend, shame about the live traffic not working tho I may have to go down the RDS TMC route then.

Thanks

Many thanks I've got the 4gb micro sd card at home and Citylink have the GO 540 so hopefully I will get it all working over the weekend, shame about the live traffic not working tho I may have to go down the RDS TMC route then.
    once your live subscription has expired its a case of pay again or do as you say get a rds tmc arial

LinkBacks (?)