Thread: Tomtom ONE XL upgrade

Tomtom ONE XL upgrade

Hi all

I have a TomTom One XL with SD Card slot. I'm guessing it's a v1 as it's a few years old.

I want to leave the built-in memory as is (UK maps, latest navcore updated via tomtom home) and run the new navcore & maps off the SD card.

I've downloaded, installed and activated navcore 8.562 (which I saw recommended for the One XL) onto my card which seemed to work fine. I then downloaded and activated the France 870.3417 map but got the message on my Tomtom that this map wasn't supported.

I downloaded and activated France 870.3414 which opened on the Tomtom but just kept re-booting in a loop. I've since read that this is mainly for iphone which may explain things!

I've read various things about the size and speed of SD card required/supported. The one I have is a 2gb SanDisk but is only Class 2.

I've activated using Alberts EasyActivator v6.07

Any advice gratefully received!

Re: Tomtom ONE XL upgrade

Thanks biggerdave, have tried that but it hasn't changed anything, although the 3417 maps now load after crackin with FastActivate Premium.

Odd thing is when I touch the screen to get to the menu nothing happens, which makes me think it is the navcore rather than the maps.

Off to find a different compatible navcore and see what happens then

Hy,

you have installed navcore yourself or with tomtomhome ? If it's yourself, try to install it with tomtomhome and install your map after with your official navcore.

Quote Originally Posted by rastataz View Post
    Hy,

you have installed navcore yourself or with tomtomhome ? If it's yourself, try to install it with tomtomhome and install your map after with your official navcore.
    He is using an SE navcore, not from TomTom Home. Home will only give him 8.010 or 8.016, which is the latest official navcore for the ONE XL. Only problem is this navcore won't run a full featured IQ & ALG map - it only supports the basic map with no IQ or ALG. This is why he is trying a later navcore, to be able to use the map with more features.

Below is my direct link of the 8.562 SE navcore that I've used on many ONE/ONE XL models with great success. Download it here:

Navcore 8.562 SE
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Hi,

Thanks for sharing Navcore 8.562 SE, this version isn't on the "SE Navcores v8 Nov-10" pack!

___
    Zeb

Did the 2GB class 2 SD card end up working well? I've heard class 6 cards are recommended, I have a class 4 card and was wondering should I bother with it and whether I will get satisfactory performance.

Another thing, I've also installed 8.562SE to my One XL and have installed the latest map 880.3868. I'm not sure whether the map I installed has the advanced features like IQ and ALG. How can I tell which map version has these features? I figured .xx68 was the highest so it had to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by shrub View Post
    Did the 2GB class 2 SD card end up working well? I've heard class 6 cards are recommended, I have a class 4 card and was wondering should I bother with it and whether I will get satisfactory performance.

Another thing, I've also installed 8.562SE to my One XL and have installed the latest map 880.3868. I'm not sure whether the map I installed has the advanced features like IQ and ALG. How can I tell which map version has these features? I figured .xx68 was the highest so it had to be the best.
    1st compatibility chart will tell You all ...
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...-navcores.html
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Quote Originally Posted by shrub View Post

Class 6 is usually recommended but Class 4 will work just fine. As long as it's a well known brand, there probably won't be any noticeable lag.

A higher map number does not mean a later map or a better map with more features. The first 3 numbers 880 indicate the map version. The last 4 digits indicate the map type or features.
    As jarkita says, the compatibility chart will tell you which features come with which map, as well as which map is compatible with which navcore. For eg. the 880.3810 map is a full featured IQ and ALG map and is probably the one you need, depending on the country. But the 880.3868 map is just a basic map with no features.
    Last edited by lemonfish; 6th January 2012 at 06:07.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244