I have been trying to update My TomTom One map but I still completely unsuccessful. I read a lot on the forum all the help and advices but now I am sorry if I really look stupid but I am running out of ideas so I desperately need some HELP PLEASE.
I have downloaded several different version and the result is the same with any of them.
The latest one I’ve got is: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland V875.3613( found the link on this web site).
After downloading the file
1. I unrar it and save it in a new folder
2. I have connected my TomTom to the computer and copied all the files and back them up on the computer
3. access the TomTom and deleted the following file United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland which is the old map (V815.2024)
4. then paste United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland V875.3613
5. run Albert Easy activatorV5 and followed all the instructions
6. when I generate the *.meta.dctfile button I received the following message
There is no such map
('United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-386.meta') in keyfile
'United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-386.meta' - Error
then safely removed the satnav and let it boot and I get a message: No maps found
So this solution doesn’t work for me but I can’t find out what I’m doing wrong.
I have been trying as well to keep the old map file and paste the new one in the old one, that one the satnav does boot up but recognise only the old map.
I tried as well step 3 to 4 then run fast activate premium edition but I get the same message: No map found but when plug the satnav back through the USB cable to the computer and run TomTom home and go to the map section the TomTom home telling me the map is installed on the device so why it doesn’t come up when I boot my satnav map.
Details for my satnav are:
TomTom One with 319MB out of 489MB
App 8.017 (9381/081015) OS:238932
32MB RAM (free: 4.7 MB) Boot 5.5026
‘United _kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland’ V815.2024
Language: English UK
Last edited by biggerdave; 24th August 2011 at 16:42.
Reason: remove device id
Now I've got a bigger problem which I think there is nothing I can do about but I am going to wait for your expert opinion.
So basicly I updated my satnav to Navcore one 9.061, everything went fine, then it update itself, reboot start to put the new setting as it was acting if it was a brand new one until i reach the voice which was in spanich so I changed it for English but none were in stock so switch it off and tried to reconnect it to the computer but now when I switch it on the screen stay white and it doesn't connect anymore with the computer. Any clue or did I **** it.
Can't find any hole for the reset at the botton, the only holes I've got are 1 for green light when it plug in, 1 for the USB connection and 1 where you've got nothing and I tried the last one and it's just purely a hole as I nearly lost my pin into the satnav. About the clearflash, doesn't work too as when I plug the satnav to the computer it is NOT recognise anymore by the computer at all, so basicly when I plug it to the computer nothing happen it just stay whith a blank screen before it used to ask me if I wanted to connect it or not but I don't get this message anymore it's just like if the satnav is completly empty or maybe not compatible anymore.
Yes that did the trick, I was able to reboot my satnav, install some English voices which I copied from my backup then install a compatible map 870.3391 the best I could find. Now I'm going to concentrate on the speed camera as it looks like it doesn't come with the map it is a different file, so I'm going back to make research and more reading.
But for now I would like to say a very big THANK YOU to Biggerdave as you have been very helpful, and have a nice day.