Thread: Tomtom with lifetime traffic

doogie is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Tomtom with lifetime traffic

What model is v8 or v9 navcore which is hackable that gets lifetime traffic? I have 920 right now but traffic has expired, rather have tomtom that never expires. I see some on tomtom site but I think they are v10 and v11 which is not cracked.

astan is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Tomtom with lifetime traffic

Quote Originally Posted by doogie View Post
    What model is v8 or v9 navcore which is hackable that gets lifetime traffic? I have 920 right now but traffic has expired, rather have tomtom that never expires. I see some on tomtom site but I think they are v10 and v11 which is not cracked.
    Try Nav SE9.026. Works with Go 910. Still gives you expired RDS/TMC but after you click OK you get traffic info.

biosfix is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

For people in Ontario, Canada, the newer GPS with Live Traffic service, are using GSM (Rogers) network in Ontario, thus no way you can unlock them. Something like $60 per year.

The old FM/AM version only work in Toronto Area, no traffic info when you out of GTA.

Chopstix is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astan View Post
    Try Nav SE9.026. Works with Go 910. Still gives you expired RDS/TMC but after you click OK you get traffic info.
    RDS/TMC - isn´t that free for life? (when you have the antenna!)

astan is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    RDS/TMC - isn´t that free for life? (when you have the antenna!)
    If you have installed Navcore 9.430 on the 920 then you can get lifetime free RDS/TMC traffic using the combo USB Charger/RDS/TMC receiver(4UUC 00101 N14644) if your map handles traffic. If you have a separate RDS/TMC antenna that plugs in the antenna hole, that came with a one year subscription. After it expires, you cannot re-subscribe through TomTom. You need to buy a new one on ebay or use Navcore 9.026

Chopstix is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astan View Post
    If you have installed Navcore 9.430 on the 920 then you can get lifetime free RDS/TMC traffic using the combo USB Charger/RDS/TMC receiver(4UUC 00101 N14644) if your map handles traffic. If you have a separate RDS/TMC antenna that plugs in the antenna hole, that came with a one year subscription. After it expires, you cannot re-subscribe through TomTom. You need to buy a new one on ebay or use Navcore 9.026
    Which one should I then purchase for a 910? (and is the best SE at the moment the 9.026?)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    Which one should I then purchase for a 910? (and is the best SE at the moment the 9.026?)
    Hi Chopstix

Today I was at a friend's house who has a TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition with map 825.2157.
    I connected it to the PC and copied to a Pen entire contents of his the GPS.
    Us I have a device with WinCE 6.0, when I got home I copied the contents of the Pen to a 4GB SD card and insert it into the slot of my device.
    I thought I would open the TomTom GPS navigation in my device, but nothing happened. It gave me a message "configure navigation path." I have another card with NDrive and IGO and they work perfectly.
    What will happen? Should I do something? Strange to see no NavCore.
    Can you help me?
    Thank you.
    jmasg