I've repeated my steps 3 times.... I worked from the "Clean Install - How to install the latest map and navcore from scratch!" guide.... I admit I'm confused between compatibility from 865 and 880.... but this is what I've done..
Device = tomtom go 930 w/ 8gb card installed
- I backed up, and deleted both drives.
- I updated TTHome and downloaded newest NC 8.351 onto the card (not internal)
- I unplugged the device, and restarted, and it created a ttgo.bif file
- I tried to "operate the device" from TT
- I copied the 2 voice files from my backup over
- I downloaded FastActivate_24.11.2011_Premium_edition_v22.214.171.124 > copied main executeable to root folder of TT
- I downloaded North America 2GB 880.3862 - extracted to root folder of TT - only map files are in that folder, not a folder within...
- I updated meta.txt, then activated maps/cams, patched navcore & TTHome.
- "No Maps Found!" error.
I need to put the UnitedKingdomandRepublicofIreland880_3866 maps on here as well, as they are travelling to Scotland in the New Year... but first things first, getting our North American (Canada) maps to load..
I hope I gave enough info. I did this previously on my One XL 2 years ago (before the big update to the forums) and I felt I had become an expert on my device after all the time i spent on it, but now I'm back to square one...
I just downloaded the UK and Ireland maps.... and they activated ok..... so, for some reason, it's something to do with my North American maps..... are the ones I indicated above, not compatible with this navcore?