Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: You cannot use this map...

frosty is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

You cannot use this map...

Hi.
    I think I've read everything, and tried to help myself, but I'm stuck
    After wiping mt Tomtom One 3rd Edition TT home installed a 7.x navcore, device rebooted and tthome then said it was installing 8.10. Another reboot and I put on the maps which I thought were correct, UK & ireland 885.4058. After running fastactivater pro I was told I couldn't use those maps on the device.
    So I rechecked the map links and I think 885.4010 might be the right ones, though I see no mention of 8.10 navcore anywhere. Again I'm told these maps are wrong.
    So, which should I have, or what have I missed

Thanks
    josmed54 and Pux like this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frosty For This Useful Post:

josmed54 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: You cannot use this map...

By the chart you can use either the 4058 or 4010 with either Navcore. Now you need to make sure the TTsystem in the Navcore is patched since you downloaded from TTHome.
    To save you more headaches get one from this site already patched and use it.
    I am running a TTOne v3 w/Navcore 8.4 and maps 4009 and all work fine.
    rotson likes this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to josmed54 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks - I though fastactivate patched the navcore, certainly said it had, and further attempts showed navcore already patched
    I'll download a ready patched one and try again, thanks

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Hi.
    I think I've read everything, and tried to help myself, but I'm stuck
    After wiping mt Tomtom One 3rd Edition TT home installed a 7.x navcore, device rebooted and tthome then said it was installing 8.10. Another reboot and I put on the maps which I thought were correct, UK & ireland 885.4058. After running fastactivater pro I was told I couldn't use those maps on the device.
    So I rechecked the map links and I think 885.4010 might be the right ones, though I see no mention of 8.10 navcore anywhere. Again I'm told these maps are wrong.
    So, which should I have, or what have I missed

Thanks
    Either one of these maps will work with your navcore.
    However, the meta is not yet available for these maps, and without it you won't be able to activate them.
    rotson likes this.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

goldminer_999 is offline Private
    Thanks

Guys,

I am having the same problem as Frosty. I have been installing maps from here with no issues using fastactivate so am fine with the process. The UK & Ireland worked fine up to 880.3811 which I have installed. I have navcore 8.10 on a TT One XL and the compatibility chart indicates that I should be able to install 885.4010 and 885.4058. I downloaded both of these from here and tried to install them using the usual method that has worked up to now (fastactivate), but on rebooting TT am getting error "you cannot use that map on this device" - so have had to re-install 880.3811.

So could it be possible that the 885 compatibility chart is wrong ? Has anyone else successfully installed UK & Ireland 885.4010 or 885.4058 on TT ?

Thanks.

EDIT - sorry just spotted response above from Lemonfish saying that the meta is not yet available for these maps, and without it you won't be able to activate them. Guess will have to wait for meta. Thanks
    Last edited by goldminer_999; 24th February 2012 at 09:58.

goldminer_999 is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    Either one of these maps will work with your navcore.
    However, the meta is not yet available for these maps, and without it you won't be able to activate them.
    Hi lemonfish,

Apologies for another question but I am relatively new to this - how do we get to know when a particular meta becomes available ?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goldminer_999 View Post
    Hi lemonfish,

Apologies for another question but I am relatively new to this - how do we get to know when a particular meta becomes available ?

Thanks
    They will either be posted in the following thread:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...eta-codes.html

Or you may find a new meta listed in the same post of each new map download. A bit of searching will be needed until most or all of them are available.
    rotson likes this.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks
    Followed the path set by Josmed, above, now
    Navcore 8.412 and maps 4009, all activated and it looks like I might have lane guidance and..erm..other stuff (but no computer voices, and TThome gets upset at the map, even though patched)

Next question, cameras moved to map folder, and activated, but how do I turn them on? Pretty sure it was as simple as turning on live services before, all i can see on this one is "my tomtom account" greyed out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Thanks
    Followed the path set by Josmed, above, now
    Navcore 8.412 and maps 4009, all activated and it looks like I might have lane guidance and..erm..other stuff (but no computer voices, and TThome gets upset at the map, even though patched)

Next question, cameras moved to map folder, and activated, but how do I turn them on? Pretty sure it was as simple as turning on live services before, all i can see on this one is "my tomtom account" greyed out
    To get computer voices working, follow this tutorial:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...an-german.html

To use the function "Operate my ONE" in TomTom HOME, you also need to patch HOME. You can do so with FastActivate Premium.

After copy pasting the cameras to the map folder, you need to activate them the same way you activate the map. Confirm if a .dct file was created for the safety cameras (in addition to the .dct file for the map).

If TomTom Services are greyed out, you need to edit your setconfig.txt file (usually found in the Config folder) and remove the line: btoff or change it to bton
    Last edited by lemonfish; 3rd March 2012 at 07:40.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

mikie is offline Corporal
    Thanks

hi sorry to jump on this thread,ive dl 880.3810..how do i know this map has meta.file . b4 i dl to tomtom .because i only no how to use fast/a .sorry if it a silly question .....thanks

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast