Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating Map..I must be thick

Updating Map..I must be thick

Got a TTgo 520... bout time I updated as seem to be driving in a lot of fields according to TT. Anyway...connected to PC...updated to Navcore 9.401.....checked for compatible v885 maps...found them....followed the 7 Simple Steps tutorial....and hey presto...maps wont work with my device. I've searched forums etc...but haven't a clue whats going wrong. Tried 885.4009 and 885.4010 as both compatible....run the Fastactivate in root directory of TT and it says it's done everything...but still map wont work.

Ah..well have to put old map back on.......can't see where I'm going wrong.

Re: Updating Map..I must be thick

You need to patch the Navcore " and " the map.

So make sure you patch " both " and everything should work fine.

ah..thats probably where I'm going wrong. What do I need to patch the Navcore

Make sure the meta codes are available for the map(s) you want to put in your 520.

Hi all
    have a similar question. I've downoladed and installed new map on 920 go, activated it with fastactivate, works fine(a bit slower then previous one when showing you progress on the road but nothing too bad). The only problem is when u turn off and then switch tomtom again map is frosen and i need to press reset, after that everything works fine. Is any way to avoid this reseting? Did i miss something during activation ets? Thanks)

When your using your 920, check and see how much free RAM you have left. Sounds like your running out of memory. I've had that happen too, found the navcore and map were too much for the TT. Try shutting down all of your POIs and see what happens.
    Last edited by tandp; 19th March 2012 at 21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by oobidoo View Post
    ah..thats probably where I'm going wrong. What do I need to patch the Navcore
    FastActivate Premium patches the navcore, by pressing on the 3rd button.

There have been several users with a similar problem, when updating to the latest 9.401 navcore, they can no longer use the latest map. In this case, I recommend a clean install, then you won't get any conflicts or issues. Make sure you make a complete backup first with Windows Explorer (copy - paste), not TomTom Home.

Follow this guide:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...e-scratch.html
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Switched them all off but still not working. After reset i can almost immediately hear voice "turn around and so on", without reset there is no voice at all, sometimes u can see triangle following car on the map(its basically tracking car ok) but its all muted and usually get frozen in couple min. Its second map, and its the same situation when i can use it only after pressing reset button.

ok..time to give up. Thanks for the help much appreciated....but whatever i do nothing seems to work...followed instructions to the letter including doing a fresh install but continue to get red screen with "problem" with this map.

Quote Originally Posted by oobidoo View Post
    ok..time to give up. Thanks for the help much appreciated....but whatever i do nothing seems to work...followed instructions to the letter including doing a fresh install but continue to get red screen with "problem" with this map.
    Don't give up. You must be doing something wrong.

The clean install tutorial is designed to be used with any TomTom device including the GO 520. The error message you're getting usually means that it hasn't been patched properly.

It's quite possible the map you downloaded is corrupt and you'll need to find a new map link. Find a clean new map and carefully follow the steps again. Also make sure you use the latest version of FastActivate Premium to patch everything.
    Last edited by lemonfish; 21st March 2012 at 04:30.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast