GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question? Go910 Navcore and map update

Thanks

Question? Go910 Navcore and map update

So I d/l 9.026.go950.CAB-navecor-Go.cab file as per instructions from the old forum....eventually got the navcore working on my go 910...by following the detailed instructions of what files to copy and leave. Unfortunately, when I tried putting the latest North American Maps on the device, the device froze at boot up. I ended up having to restore from back up.

Later when I went to the link that I marked as favorites for the navcore upgrade using 9.026.go950.CAB-navecor-Go.cab - the link was gone. Hoping someone can give me detailed instructions on upgrading the navcore (which files to copy which to leave, etc)?

Next time I will complete a back up when I get the navcore updated and working...arg....then try update the maps and ATTEMPT to patch and get it working again. Sorry if this is posted somewheres but I could not find a topic specific to the 910 and the specific navecore fil I listed.

Thanks in advance Doofis the rookie@
    Last edited by jarkita; 5th June 2010 at 08:06. Reason: post moved

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: Question? Go910 Navcore and map update

Using a .cab file and patching it, works best if you have a device similar to the device that the navcore was written for. Your 910 is three generations older with totally different hardware than the 950 so you are better of with an SE version Navcore which is tweaked to run on most Go and One models.
    9.026 SE or 9.051 SE both work ok, as do 8.562 SE and 8.417 SE. All of them can be configured in x40 mode (read the readmenot.txt for fine tuning).

davurleon is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Hi heijx!

So you would recommend 9.026 or 9.051 over 9.101 for the GO910?

phil1979 is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davurleon View Post
    Hi heijx!

So you would recommend 9.026 or 9.051 over 9.101 for the GO910?
    I have one of those and the only one which is totally stable is the 8.562 SE.
    The others boot and work, but they some times freeze.

Thanks

Tx for the reply

I got navcore 9026SE on my go910.... step one done..

next deleted my 715.1712 MAP from my tt hard disk....North_America Folder

Downloaded North America 845.2645 map...joined and unzipped...named it North_America...pasted it onto my tt hard disk.

When I try use the easytools run for all I get the following error:

### No tt*.bif found ###

### Run Fake meta.txt Check ###

!!! There is no key for North_America-132.meta in 'Meta.txt'

## Map not in meta.txt ##

Enter Devicecode here, without Space, Example A1B2C3D4E5 :

Also tried running tomtom patcher 2009 and it say something like need original ttsystem file?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doofis View Post
    Downloaded North America 845.2645 map...joined and unzipped...named it North_America...pasted it onto my tt hard disk.
    Renaming folders is tricky. Were the files not organized in a folder structure in the archives? If so, keep that folder name.
    When I try use the easytools run for all I get the following error:

### No tt*.bif found ###

### Run Fake meta.txt Check ###

!!! There is no key for North_America-132.meta in 'Meta.txt'

## Map not in meta.txt ##

Enter Devicecode here, without Space, Example A1B2C3D4E5 :

Also tried running tomtom patcher 2009 and it say something like need original ttsystem file?
    First, make sure that you extract the easyusetools archive. Do NOT run the scripts from within the archive.

No ttgo.bif found: When you reset your Tomtom, it should produce a file ttgo.bif with all main parameters of your tomtom.

No key for North America 132: Download the meta.txt from below link and place it inside easyusetools\progs folder (replace old meta.txt)

Code:
    http://keyfreaks.info/download1/meta.txt
    You can enter the device code in a file DeviceID.txt inside the main \easyusetools folder.

Tomtom Patcher 2009 gave the warning because your TTSystem is already patched. All SE versions are prepatched.

Thanks

Thanks so Much Heijx!! you rock...appreciate you getting me through it! You and all the others (ie jarkita) whos posts are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by doofis; 11th June 2010 at 03:47.

bjluv is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Can you use TomTom HOME without any problems when u have 9026 navcore on it? Can you use the "Operate my Go" function? Can you update voices, map share, poi e.t.c with it??

thanks in advace for your replies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjluv View Post
    Can you use TomTom HOME without any problems when u have 9026 navcore on it? Can you use the "Operate my Go" function? Can you update voices, map share, poi e.t.c with it??

thanks in advace for your replies

Just done navcore 9.026 update and 850 maps. All working fine on my 910. If you want to use all tomtom Home functions, you need to patch the dll file on your computer. You can do it easily by using albert activator.
    Cheers

bjluv is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by multipassch View Post
    Just done navcore 9.026 update and 850 maps. All working fine on my 910. If you want to use all tomtom Home functions, you need to patch the dll file on your computer. You can do it easily by using albert activator.
    Cheers
    Thanks multipassch. Trying to get my 910 work on 9.101 first. If that doesn't work well, I will have to switch to 9.026 but I think I should be fine with 9.101 because someone have mentioned on here that it does works fine on a 910

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast