Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TT Go 630 can't activate maps from sd card.

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 304 Posts

Re: TT Go 630 can't activate maps in sd card.

The only Western Europe map which currently has the meta code is the Europe West 895.4438 map:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...inks-only.html
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

[.::MDT::.] is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    The only Western Europe map which currently has the meta code is the Europe West 895.4438 map:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...inks-only.html
    Thanks.
    I'm not sure this will fit into the internal memory, but I'll give it a try.

Btw, is installing the Europe map the same as installing Western + Central + Eastern Europe maps?
    Is is better to only have a single map in terms of performance?
    Or can the TT load multiple maps at the same time?

Thank you.

Thanks

Your GO 630 has an SD card slot and you really should be using that, without worrying about the size of the maps. Simply use the full featured map(s) that you require with an 8GB SD card for example.

The TomTom can only load one map at a time. You can have more than one map installed. It won't slow down your device, but you need to select which one you want to use by going to the menu and clicking on Switch Map.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Your GO 630 has an SD card slot and you really should be using that, without worrying about the size of the maps. Simply use the full featured map(s) that you require with an 8GB SD card for example.

The TomTom can only load one map at a time. You can have more than one map installed. It won't slow down your device, but you need to select which one you want to use by going to the menu and clicking on Switch Map.
    OK I'll try using the SD card then.
    I just thought the internal memory would be much faster...

Thanks

Another question (sorry but can't open a new thread even though I have more than 10 posts, cfr. forum rules!) please.

I found that map versions (e.g. 895, 890, etc.) refer to the year/month they were created. TomTom develops a new map version about every 3 months (see Is my map up-to-date?).
    My question is: where can I find the changelog/what are the differences for the minor version numbers, such as "Central Europe 895.4438" compared to "Central Europe 895.4444"?

Thanks.

Thanks

The last 4 digits of each map (minor version numbers) refer to the map features. The reference chart where you can see what those numbers actually mean is the maps vs navcore compatibility chart:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...es-ingazu.html
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The last 4 digits of each map (minor version numbers) refer to the map features. The reference chart where you can see what those numbers actually mean is the maps vs navcore compatibility chart:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...es-ingazu.html
    Thanks for the clarification.

So, If I understood correctly, having 9.4XX Navcore (cfr. graph http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...es-ingazu.html), alle 895.XXXX maps are compatible with it and are no differences among them.
    Is that correct?

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [.::MDT::.] View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

So, If I understood correctly, having 9.4XX Navcore (cfr. graph http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...es-ingazu.html), alle 895.XXXX maps are compatible with it and are no differences among them.
    Is that correct?

Thanks!
    Having navcore 9.430, practically every map is compatible with it, according to the compatibilty chart.
    But there are differences in map features between different maps. The first 3 columns indicate the map features:
    IQ & ALG, Cspeech & ASR, HNR
    As you can see the 4438 map has all these features, whereas the 4444 map has none.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Having navcore 9.430, practically every map is compatible with it, according to the compatibilty chart.
    But there are differences in map features between different maps. The first 3 columns indicate the map features:
    IQ & ALG, Cspeech & ASR, HNR
    As you can see the 4438 map has all these features, whereas the 4444 map has none.
    Thanks, this clarified my question.
    Just to sum it up, HNR feature seems to refer only to Russia and Greece (see Hnr?) therefore it you don't use Greek or Russian maps I guess it's useless.

Thank you again!

orlandod is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I am new to all this and I have a GO630 with North_American_2GB V840.2562 on the internal memory. I downloaded a Europe map on to the SD card and have installed fastactivate on it also. the only issue is I am not sure where to find the ttgo.bif file. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast