GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TomTom XL IQ V2 - Remove Simplified Menu, Install Original Full Menu?

356Speedster is offline Corporal
    Thanks

TomTom XL IQ V2 - Remove Simplified Menu, Install Original Full Menu?

Hi all. A friend has just bought a TT XL IQ Routes V2 and asked me to help him load the ITNs I've created for a 1,000mile road trip we're doing shortly. I connected the TT to his computer and copied the 13 ITN files to the usual place on his nav (the directory WAS already on his nav, so all I did was the usual copy & paste in Windows Explorer)... however, when we went into the menu, we couldn't find the option for Itinerary Planning! Having spent an hr searching the 'net, we've come to the conclusion that the cr*p Simplified Menu system on his nav doesn't have this option (amongst many others!!).

Needless to say, he's not happy, especially as he's chucked the box away, so can't even return it to the shop!!

So, the question is: is there a way to hack / crack / downgrade the unit to install the original (much more useful) full menu system, ditching this simplified cr*p for good???? Any ideas??? It seems a lot of people are struggling with this "new" menu system, so someone must have found a way to get round it?

Details of the nav are:
    Model: 4ET03
    App Version: 9.101.516023.2
    Boot: 5.5244
    Map: West & Central Europe 2GB 845.2645

HELP pls!!! Thanks

Khris is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: TomTom XL IQ V2 - Remove Simplified Menu, Install Original Full Menu?

I haven't used the navcore 9.101, I would have thought it would have been on that one, but I have used 9.051 and like it. It has the Itinerary Planning. You can try changing to 9.051 and see if you like it. Hope this helps.

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Main menu pg#3 left bottom icon ... (with x40 on my device).
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Thanks

i have also this new TT XL2 IQ with the "easy" Menu, with the SE 9.101 i can switch the modelid to 37 (in config File) and then i have the old XL iq Menu with all the normal Features.
    The point is, the voice is not working. anyone with working voice on this device???
    if i switch the ID to 43, Voice is working but i have still the "easy" menu...

Thanks

Cool Re: TomTom XL IQ V2 - Remove Simplified Menu, Install Original Full Menu?

Hello.I have also bought this new tomtom xl iq 2. I didnt find the config files that you spoke about.Couldt you tell the right name for this file ? I am just found one tomtom.cfg, but without any mention about a model id.
    Thanks

Thanks

@Atomquad: With the original Navcore is this not possible, you have to change to the new SE 9.101 from DrHouse, then you can have the config File, but no voice at all

Thanks

Arrow Re: TomTom XL IQ V2 - Remove Simplified Menu, Install Original Full Menu?

Hello
    I already have the 9.101 version.
    I have dwonloaded the dr house patch (tt,pna et config directory)
    I have the same problem as you : everything work fine ( what a ifference), but no sound !

Thanks

Hi, i think it takes a lot to know in order to adapt the code for the xl2 devices.....perhaps TTuser again makes an SE version ...

356Speedster is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Hi all..... I just thought I'd give you a quick update on this. I downloaded and installed SE 9.101 onto my mate's TT XL IQ V2 and it gave him everything he wanted..... except the voice component isn't working. He had to leave before I could look into this, so I've not had chance to sort it yet.

HOWEVER (and this may help those of you who have the same problem) - I also installed SE 9.101 on my 2yr old TT Go 530. At first, I also had no voice, so I continued playing. I managed to get mt TT working (inc voice), by doing the following:

1. Using Windows Explorer, in the root of my TomTom, created a text file called setconfig.txt
    2. Edited the file and put the following settings in it:

model:x50
    sdid:1
    delgns
    bton
    fmoff
    noautooutsource

3. File saved, TomTom rebooted and working fine!! (Note, I have sdid:1 entered because I have an SD card with extra maps installed, if you don't omit this line)

There are more settings available, you should have these listed in the "readmenot.txt" in the root of your SE 9.101 Navcore..... if my settings above don't work for you, play around with them and I reckon you'll get this working. I'll be looking to fix / tweak my mate's nav soon.

The only issue I have is now with TT Home, which keeps complaining my Navcore is wrong for my device (which of course it is!!)..... I believe there is a tweak for this too, so I'll be looking into that now as well.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Hi
    I am new here. I have get my a TT XL2 and is wherey misshappy with the easyer menu. Can enyone tell me exaktly how i do do get the "big" meny? where do I got "SE 9.101 from DrHouse2

(Sorry for my bad english)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)