Thread: Need help on installing TomTom XXL

Charles1 is offline Private

Need help on installing TomTom XXL

Quote Originally Posted by Anto002 View Post
    The best navcore you can use in your XXL is what gives you the Home, it parcheas, and install maps forum
    Hello everybody on this site!

I am trying to find out where to begin with everything I see on the site. It is so much!
    I am new to this site and also to the subject of updating a map to TomTom.
    Because I cannot yet start a new thread, being completely new, I was advised to reply to a thread that is related to my question, and hopefully receive a reply. So here is my question for help.

I have a TomTom XXL which I bought about 1 1/2 year ago.
    To help me on my way, I hope someone knowledgable can help me with these 2 questions I have after reading a bit (and wondering whether it is possible to update my version of TomTom: the XXL).

1. In the thread "TUTORIAL: Clean Install - How to install the latest map and navcore from scratch!" I have read the tutorial about installing a new map. This is a great help for me as I have no experience or knowledge at all about this subject.
    The problem is that I do not know what exactly my TomTom XXL is.
    Can this version of TomTom be updated this way, or does it have the "v10/v11/v12" that I read that cannot be cracked?

2. I see that for every version of TomTom (XXL, Go and every other) there is a lot of background and also tutorials and hint and tips. But I cannot make any sense out of this, because I do not know enough to understand what is relevant for me.
    If my XXL can be updated, is it possible to point me out for what I have which of the many threads to read first and which ones after that?

Thank you very much for any help!

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 305 Posts

Re: Need help on installing TomTom XXL

Welcome to GPSU.

XXL models came out in late 2009, so they are completely crackable and you can use the free maps and other downloads from here.

The clean install tutorial (LINK) in the Tutorials section is the only guide you'll need to follow. It will give you the latest navcore (application) as well as the latest available maps.

Just to help you a bit more, which map coverage are you after?
    For any other queries or problems, just post them here.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244