Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TomTom Go 920T No Lane Images

Tommy_Belfast is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

TomTom Go 920T No Lane Images

I love this machine had it for few years and thanks to everyone on here being so helpful I would of not been able to update maps voices etc and the work that goes on behind the scenes I am thankful for all your hard work.

I am using App 9.430.890926.1 OS842337

I have gps v1.20 Boot 5.5274

Map UK & REpublic V900.4608 activated.

So why have I no Show Lane Navigation its greyed out was working before I updated with new map ?

Any help be much appreciated.

pe1agp is offline Major General
    Thanks

Re: TomTom Go 920T No Lane Images

If possible try version 900-4602

Succes,

pe1agp

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 304 Posts

The 4608 map is a basic map which does NOT have IQ & ALG. The "Show Lane Images" feature is part of ALG and will not work with just a basic map like 4608. The following compatibility chart tells you the features of each map:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...ps-ingazu.html

The 4602 map is a full featured map. This will give you IQ & ALG, including the "Show Lane Images" feature:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...inks-only.html
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

thanks guys so much downloading it now ;-)

Thanks

stuck trying to activate it now ..meta is correct now my europe 2gb says same message

You cannot use this map on this device:
    United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-655

same for my other map

You cannot use this map on this device:
    Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB-562
    Last edited by Tommy_Belfast; 16th December 2012 at 22:48.

Thanks

Confirm if your map folders have .dct files. Without them, your maps have not been activated successfully.

You need to use the latest version of FastActivate, which is currently 15.12.2012. Download it from the FastActivate thread:

FastActivate

Read the instructions.

You may need to delete the .dct files and try activating the maps again. On your PC, run FastActivate.exe from the root of the device. Alternatively, you can run it from inside each of the map folders.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks

done all the above still cant activate it.... and I need it fixed for wed so guess I gonna have to use my phone just, I had no problems last time

Thanks

You didn't say if the .dct files were created successfully in the map folder(s). If not, then your map(s) have not been patched properly.
    Read the instructions in the first post of the FastActivate thread:
    FastActivate
    You may need to create a META.TXT file with the meta codes you need for the new maps before running FastActivate.exe. The meta.txt file is placed in the same location as FastActivate.exe - that is either in the root of the device or SD card, or even in the map folder.

Very important: You need to patch your navcore if you haven't already. The 2nd button in FastActivate called "ttsystem/PNDNavigator" can do this for you.

If after you've run FastActivate again and only if you DO have .dct files in your map folders, but your device is still not displaying the map, download the attachment below. It's a patched ttsystem especially for the 9.430 navcore. Extract, then copy paste and overwrite into your device or SD card.

If all the above fails, do a clean install. This will fix all problems. You will then have the latest 9.465 navcore for your GO 920. Follow the clean install tutorial carefully:

TUTORIAL: Clean Install - How to install the latest map and navcore from scratch!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lemonfish; 22nd December 2012 at 04:59.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

Thanks

Right done a clean install followed your instructions etc etc I have tomtom

seems now symbols are all messed up as its its saying female outbox empty and nothing makes sense as in symbols on satnav are all different not making much sense

I have amicrophone on map which is activated now ;-) ty but it says traffic is currently unavailable yes ok lot of symbols have % signs and saying cannot turn into etc makes no sense or am I - in other words nothing is spelt right in the menu

Thanks

just tried operate my go everything is fine looks good then I unplug tomtom andtry it on the machine and lot of % for what is supposed to be something ? I lost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast