Thread: Help me decide which Navigator

bjluv is offline Sergeant

Help me decide which Navigator

I have at the moment, Tomtom Go910 running on Navcore 9.051 with 900map and I was thinking to upgrade for bigger screen and something much more light. I also would like to be able to get newer navcore and secure the possibility to patch from here and use newer maps when it's available. I would also like the possibility to have space for at least EU and USA maps or then use memory card.

So I was wondering, is it worth the change? Does any of the 3 below fit my criteria?

Tomtom XXL Western Europe GPS
    TomTom Start 20 Europe GPS
    TomTom Start 25 Europe GPS

I think the XXL doesnt come with SD/microSD slot so what's the available free internal memory space after the initial things installed? Any other suggestions? Nothing too expensive

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 305 Posts

Re: Help me decide which Navigator

For the map coverage you are after, you will need more than the limited 2GB internal memory in the XXL.
    The Start 20 & 25 cannot be cracked.

Since you need more than 2GB of maps, you would have to get a device with an SD or microSD card slot and 64MB of RAM. Look for a used or refurbished GO model such as x20 or x30. See this post for the recommended list of models:

Buying a new device? Which to choose
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post: