Thread: TT GO300 Will not read from sdhc card

matty707 is offline Private
    Thanks

Question TT GO300 Will not read from sdhc card

Greetings everyone

Im trying to use a 4gb sdhc card with my TT GO300 with no success. I have upgraded the bootloader to 5.5136 and when i hold the button down it can tell me the size of the card but will not boot from it or allow any access to it from the pc or tomtom home. i have used the 2 gig card and run clearflash 3 times, it wont run threw all the way when the 4 gig card is inserted. I have a TT GO520 that i have used to format the card with panasonic SD Formatter 3.1 for SD/SDHC/SDXC and the card works great in the 520. Here is a link to the card i have

SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

While the card was inside the 520 i copied and paste all the original data from the 2 gig card from the GO300 and still no boot. I just get the memory card screen and the card is not coming all the way out and in like it should its just coming out a bit and stopping over and over.

Thanks in advance for any help it is much appreciated

Silverhawk is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: TT GO300 Will not read from sdhc card

Was your SD card formatted for FAT or FAT32? If FAT32 then try FAT. I confess I'm just guessing here.

pe1agp is offline Brigadier General
    Thanks

As I understand you're trying to use one SDHC cards for both devices ?
    You can't use one SDHC card for two different devices
    You've to patch everything for both devices separately
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ and for For an excellent tutorial clean install read LemonFish his post

TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.485 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
    TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux - Europe

Dr. Strangelove is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matty707 View Post
    I just get the memory card screen and the card is not coming all the way out and in like it should its just coming out a bit and stopping over and over.
    I'm not sure what you are telling us here!

pe1agp is right of course, each TT has got it's own software (NavCore). You can't just copy and paste.
    Don't mix two devices.

Are you stating that the 4Gb card doesn't get completely formatted? If it doesn't you can expect problems.
    If you haven't got a backup, you'll have to put a emptied SD in the TT, reset and reboot it in the TT.
    Of course that will not work but you should get a ttgo.bif file on it because the TT GO300 creates that every time.

Then connect it to TT Home.
    Each device should have it's own account at TT in order to get all downloads.
    It should then offer software.
    Possibly or probably it should offer newer NavCores till you get to the most recent version which is 7.903.

If you got that, you can start with installing a suitable map on it and patching NC and map with a current version of FastActivate.