I have a go 500 with the same problem but worse, sometimes wont pick up for an hour will the above work for mine? i cannot find that folder.
Hi, the place to look is usually in "My Documents" Tom Tom folder, look for the folder mentioned and quick gpsfix /ephem just delete the contents or the Tom Tom home will not update the files [I update 3x Tom Toms at work and this is the only was to get it to work] good luck
Having had this problem several times in the past I can say the following:
Changing the Navcore will frequently alter the ephem file in the root of your device, leading to slow satellite acquisition. The ephem file is often an older version.
The way that has worked perfectly for me is as follows: Go into the tomtom home files on your computer. Easiest way to find location is search for Ephemeris. You will find it (them) under the tt home installation folder/complete/ephemeris.
Now is the easy bit: just delete all the quickGPSfix files you find there. Yes, trust me this works!
Now reconnect your device to tthome and it will download the latest available Quickfix data for your device and then you can transfer it as normal.
Once you have done this, set the device in a position where it has a good view of satellites - and leave it there. It will use the ephem files on the devices to locate and fix on the avaiable satellites in your area.
Just try it and see. I have gone from seeing zero satellites indoors to getting 9 after a while.
Last edited by fairytooth; 27th October 2011 at 07:35.
I have tried to do this, the tom tom sat out for about 9 hours. No luck it doesn't indicate that it found a satellite, but it does find something in the GPS area of the interface. You touch the bars, then the area where it says how many satellites are found. the first vertical bar on the left is partway filled and shows two numbers, and the bottom of the two numbers shows up in the tip right on the compass where the N would be. I am out of ideas on that one.