If the car is manufactured in 2011, than it most probably came with Carminat Tomtom LIVE system. So, if it's LIVE version, than you can use only original SD card which you can buy trough your official Renault dealer or via Tomtom Home application.
..but If you are lucky enough, you still have small chance that there is Carminat Tomtom (not LIVE!!) which can be patched, so you can built SD from scratch and load it with the latest maps. Your chance are bigger if the car is produced in first quarter of 2011.
To make a final conclusions, we need to know first if it is Carminat or Carminat LIVE. How to check:
1. Insert a blank SD card in the SD slot
2. Start the engine and wait a few seconds
3. Turn off the engine and take out SD
4. Put SD in your card reader on PC
5. You'll find folder LOOPDIR on SD - inside that folder there is a file "ex3_loopback"
6. Open this file with notepad and use search (ctrl+f) string: "DeviceName" and you will see these rows:
(numbers are only for reference)
In the first row you can see if you have Carminat or Carminat LIVE which is your vital information. If you have LIVE version, than the case is closed and your only option is new original SD. But If it's a Carminat Tomtom (like on a example above) than you are lucky and you can create a new SD with the patched navcore and the latest maps. Tutorial is in this thread:Carminat Tomtom - FAQ -
I hope I helped you with that. Good Luck!