GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Navcore problems

Garcon is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Thumbs down Navcore problems

I bought a Tomtom XLOne on e bay the unit starts up but freezes on the Tomtom screen.It looks like I have the unit with the bootloader ver 1.0 which from what I understand the navcore has to be vers navcore_8.041.
    This is what vers I currently have :
    [TomTomGo]
    DeviceName=TomTom LIMERICK
    DeviceVersionHW=LIMERICK
    DeviceSerialNumber=xxxxxxx
    DeviceUniqueID=xxxxxxxxxxx
    RamDiskVersion=20040301
    BootLoaderVersion=10012
    LinuxVersion=1000
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010

With the vers 8010 I made a back up formated the internal and found a Navcore vers 8.041 and installed it.Now the Tomtom has only a red X on start up can anyone tell me how I can fix this or what I am doing wrong.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: Navcore problems

Bootloader 1.0012 is the exception in that it is the only 1.**** bootloader which indeed can be upgraded. It also is not limited to 8.041 but runs the regular bootloader, which for Tomtom XL is 8.010.
    You can upgrade the bootloader to 5.5022 but this is only necessary if you have an SD slot in which you want to use big SDHC cards. Otherwise just leave it on 1.0012.
    As far as the navcore is concerned, you can use any navcore except 8.041 since it behaves like a version 5.* bootloader. I would suggest the 8.417 version or the 8.562 version because the 9.** navcore is a bit too heavy for a One XL.

Thanks

I will give 8.417 a try and let you know the results.
    Thanks so much for the reply it really is appreciated.
    Last edited by Garcon; 27th June 2010 at 15:38.

Thanks

I tried both Navcore`s 8.417 and 8.562.The Tomtom boots up with the splash screen the shows loading bar then goes to a white blank sreeen with a light blue bar on the bottom.
    Do you have any idea what could be wrong
    Last edited by Garcon; 27th June 2010 at 20:28.

Thanks

Have you tried the navcores on an empty tomtom? Back up your map folder to your computer and quickformat your tomtom. Then extract the SE Navcore to it and see if it restarts. If it does start up with "no maps found", you continue adding the map. If it does not start up, you need to update the bootloader to 5.5*** after all.
    Download it from Tomtom.com so you can be sure of an untampered file:
    Code:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.412.xl2009_live_2048.CAB-navcore-XL_LIVE.cab
    Extract the cab file from this download and use ONLY the file called system. Throw the rest away because it is not an SE navcore and will not run on your device.
    Copy the file called system to your tomtom and let it reboot. Make sure that the battery is fully charged before you do this. Once it has rebooted, it will show bootloader 5.5128 and you should be fine with the navcore SE 8.562.
    Last edited by heijx; 28th June 2010 at 07:11.

Thanks

I tried all the above with no success / I installed bootloader ver 5.5138 prior to the above post and tryied navcore SE 8.562 after formating my tomtom . Nothing seems to work
    It now just freezes on the tomtom bootup screen.
    Any other ideas other than tying it to a boat anchor for ballast,lol.

Thanks btw heijx you are one knowledgeable person.

Thanks

Same problems with my ONE XL. Gave it to my relative for a trip and at the middle of trip TOMTOM got stuck (freezed on the first image) when turned on.
    Previous 3 months it worked perfectly.. with the 8.45 maps on SD card I think. I couldn't solve the problem by flashing etc, so I just tried to reinstall system with maps and neither latest nor oldest maps worked out for me on the SD card - freezed again. Did the same without the SD card inserted, and I was able to get to the TOMTOM, but now it freezed on the screen, where map should be shown. The only difference was that a different map were used (a basic Eastern Europe).. navcore was the same - v8.560.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garcon View Post
    Any other ideas other than tying it to a boat anchor for ballast,lol.
    We'll go the official route and let TTHome decide what navcore should be used.
    Back your map folder up on your computer and delete all from your Tomtom. Then connect it to tomtomHome and let it offer you a "Tomtom Application" through updates. If it gives you an old version, let it install, then disconnect your tomtom and reconnect it and let "Update my tomtom" run again until you get a version 8.***. Thus you have an official tomtom navcore which is the most compatible to your tomtom. Be advised that you still have to patch this navcore in order to run downloaded maps.

Now as far as the map is concerned, look inside http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...aps-vs-Navcore to see which map is compatible with your navcore. If it is under 8.2***, you can only run a handful of maps. If your map is not compatible with your navcore, download a matching map and patch it for your device using Easyusetools or yDGpatcher and you should have a working Tomtom again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abicis View Post
    Same problems with my ONE XL.
    (..)
    Any ideas how to fix this?
    Try the same thing as I advised garçon in my last post. Back your map (and possible MP3 files, custom voices etc) and empty the storage on the tomtom. Have it update your navcore ("tomtom Application in tthome speak) until you have an 8.*** version, patch it, copy the map back or find out which maps are compatible to your navcore in the maps section.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heijx View Post
    We'll go the official route and let TTHome decide what navcore should be used.
    Back your map folder up on your computer and delete all from your Tomtom. Then connect it to tomtomHome and let it offer you a "Tomtom Application" through updates. If it gives you an old version, let it install, then disconnect your tomtom and reconnect it and let "Update my tomtom" run again until you get a version 8.***. Thus you have an official tomtom navcore which is the most compatible to your tomtom. Be advised that you still have to patch this navcore in order to run downloaded maps.

Now as far as the map is concerned, look inside http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...aps-vs-Navcore to see which map is compatible with your navcore. If it is under 8.2***, you can only run a handful of maps. If your map is not compatible with your navcore, download a matching map and patch it for your device using Easyusetools or yDGpatcher and you should have a working Tomtom again.
    Thanks! Worked for me!

Current setup: One XL, Nav: 8.010 (by TomTom official), Map: Eastern Europe v845.2647, BootLoader: 5.3026

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast