Thread: TomTom 4EN52 Z1230 - Is it worth using or binning?

TomTom 4EN52 Z1230 - Is it worth using or binning?

Hi All

I have one of these TomTom 4EN52 Z1230 things that keeps asking for a map update. I decided to try and do it today but TomTom want's fifty odd notes for it and I would write what I replied to that at the time but I'd no doubt lose my membership to this forum!

To be honest I'd rather spend a bit more money and buy a better sat-nav than buy the maps from TomTom. A sat-nav that I can download the latest maps for free either from the makers website or a torrent site if need be.

Anyway I have no manual for this thing and I can't work out what the memory card is for. I can't put anything on it as the TomTom formats it whenever I install it. If I read it on my computer after it has been in the TomTom it shows as an empty disk with no file space left on it.

Is there anything I can do to update this or hack the file system? No drives show when I connect the USB to my PC, not even with the memory card inserted.

Any advice much appreciated.

TomTom12 is offline Sergeant Major

Re: TomTom 4EN52 Z1230 - Is it worth using or binning?

The sad news is you either pay TomTom or bin it !

Look here :-

Why all the new "invisible" TomToms using navcore v10/v11/v12 cannot be cracked