GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TomTom 720 - Invalid version

th0mas is offline Private
    Thanks

Question TomTom 720 - Invalid version

I've seen similar posts, but they were all regarding different models. Could someone please help me fix my 720? It gives me this error when I connect to TomTom Home

ERROR: 573/# Error from server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
    You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
    Error code: 573
    URL: Additional information: info = [object]
    info.func = [string] account/setDevice
    info.args = [object]
    info.args.deviceCode =
    info.args.deviceSerial =
    info.args.deviceModel = [string] go720
    info.args.deviceNavcoreVersion = [string] 9.101
    info.args.deviceParameters = [string] {"ApplicationVersion":"516023.2","ApplicationVersi onVersionNumber":"9101","VehicleBrand":"","Vehicle Model":""}

info.method = [string] POST
    info.useCache = [string] false
    info.dryRun = [string] false
    info.xmluploadbody = [object] empty

Severity: 1105
    Stack:
    0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:468
    xmluploadbody: this.xmluploadbody
    1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
    this._doneCallbacks();
    2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
    this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:58:42 GMT
    Last edited by th0mas; 15th July 2010 at 21:07.

Thanks

Re: TomTom 720 - Invalid version

Not sure what you mean by the number of the device. It won't boot, or, it boots, then reboots after a few seconds, over and over. I've had this happen before, but I don't remember how I fixed it. Since I can't get into the menus of the GPS I'm not sure about the firmware version

rgs
    rgs is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Just remove the:

info.args.deviceCode
    info.args.deviceSerial

lines from your post - kinda easy to put them in in my device complaining one has stolen it

And about your problem - if it boots over and over again - do you moved the "mapsettings.cfg" out of the map folder ?

Helped at my device after upgrading to another navcore

Thanks

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I think the rebooting issue will resolve itself as soon as I get rid of the TT Home error. Just a little lost as to how to do that. People were mentioning editing some lines in the root files, but I don't know which ones and what to change.

02xdaaus is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by th0mas View Post
    Okay, thanks for the heads up. I think the rebooting issue will resolve itself as soon as I get rid of the TT Home error. Just a little lost as to how to do that. People were mentioning editing some lines in the root files, but I don't know which ones and what to change.
    You have two seperate issues....
    1. The 720 according to TT Home cannot have a navcore avove 8351 or 8396 depending on which path you follow. If you want to use TT Home and have 9101 SE is assumed then you need to create a text file called "version.txt". I have included the file for you. Then reboot the unit. The SE navcore will then create a couple of files to trick TT Home into thinking yo are running the correct version.

2. Your TT doesn't boot properly. Most likely cause is that the mapsettings.cfg file is not compatible with the new navcore. Use windows explorer and rename the file and see what happens. You will lose any settings & favorites etc.

REMEMBER make a backup of the entire SD Card or the TT's internal memeory before you play.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

gpsland is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by th0mas View Post
    the link did not work for me here
    what is the best firmware update for the tt 720

Thanks

same here !! can u post it again ?

Thanks

Hi There
    I have a problem with my 710 go Version 8.412 map western & Central Europe 840-2563

Everything works fine except the phone list does not transfer names from the Blackberry 8520 Curve phone I use which makes it impossible to make calls safely whilst on the move
    also I have experienced that incoming calls whilst accepted cannot hear me whilst docked in the car (Seat Altea XL) although does not seem to be a problem when i use it undocked in the house

any help greatly appreciated would a return to an older software version cure my problems ? if so which would be best for me to run these maps

Thanks Once again

Thanks

Thanks, this worked for me :-)