GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tomtom one xl

boy
    Thanks

tomtom one xl

i have a tomtom one xl with a uk map on it, my device ak9se bapuw app 8.010 (9369/040301) os: 1000 32 mb ram gps v1.21 boot 1.0012 map uk and ireland v710.1571 i need some help please, i,m trying to put a new map on it, but what i would like to know is what uk and ireland map version can i put on it that will work, any one out there can help please,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to boy For This Useful Post:

boy
    Thanks

Re: tomtom one xl

sorry to say that the map you said might work failed to do so, i spent all day trying it out, but it will not work at all, what next, my only hope i guess is to pay tomtom money for the real map, most of the maps on here are just fake, and by that i mean the meta that comes with the maps. if some one can tell me other wise how else to make it work i would be very happy many thanks.

boy
    Thanks

tomtom one xl
    i have a tomtom one xl with a uk map on it, my device ak9se bapuw app 8.010 (9369/040301) os: 1000 32 mb ram gps v1.21 boot 1.0012 map uk and ireland v710.1571 i need some help please, i,m trying to put a new map on it, but what i would like to know is what uk and ireland map version can i put on it that will work, any one out there can help please,
    update to my question on tomtom one xl after a week trying to put a new map on this and up date the bootloader, i have given up on it, most of the maps on this site and other site are either fake or just wont work, so to you all i say this just up date speed cams and post codes poi, and up date map share, who needs a new map, but i wont ever buy a new tomtom just not worth it, i will buy some thing else.news flash now updated to the new map,it had to be what my tomtom one xl could cope with map wise, like my may could not cope with cspecech and one or 2 other files, hope it helps you all, just look at your old map files and then look at the new map files, if they are the same then your ok, from boy
    Last edited by boy; 24th November 2010 at 21:17.

ChillyCat is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Last edited by ChillyCat; 4th January 2012 at 14:05.

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Hum.. i'll try to be a little more soft on saying...

As it was said by yuriyggg, you should follow the link he posted and READ it well. After you read, you READ it again. Next, you THINK about it and try (not very hard to do "try") to UNDERSTAND it. By "understand" i mean, the meaning of the words and also the procedures you would need to follow IF you really wanted to have your new map working.

Not very wise and not a very good idea just type the amount of words like you did "fake maps", "a week"....

Sorry boy, very sorry to say this because i'm a newbie on this gps matter but not even my cat could be such dumb as you have been.

Man, juts do a backup of your TT content using TT home, delete the old map. Take a new map, copy it into your TT device, apply one of the avaiable patches (FastActivator must be the easy one), patch your TT device using the same program, patch your TT home using the same program (so you can get mapshare and other kind of updates from TT homepage) and it's all.

The time you'll take it's almost only to make the backup (for me takes 1 hour) and copy the new map into TT (takes about 45 min.) 60 seconds to patch all stuff!!! No experts needed

boy
    Thanks

your all sad fools, like i said its all fake maps on here, so **** off

crash613 is offline Private
    Thanks

ok i can see why you responded the way you did to the ungratful "boy". but i am very new to this and you refer him to read the link provided... that link, is only a link to a page that has tons of maps on it. no advice on which one works with the specific unit ONE XL nor HOW to actually go about doing anything. Hell, i don't even know how to tell which navicore i have! Looking for some BASIC advice on how to get started.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crash613 View Post
    ok i can see why you responded the way you did to the ungratful "boy". but i am very new to this and you refer him to read the link provided... that link, is only a link to a page that has tons of maps on it. no advice on which one works with the specific unit ONE XL nor HOW to actually go about doing anything. Hell, i don't even know how to tell which navicore i have! Looking for some BASIC advice on how to get started.
    update your tomtom with the latest software from tomtom home get alberts easy activator find the map you need with meta and patch it basically and patch tt system or if u wanna use another navcore find one on this forum it usually bes patched oh and make sure u dont change bootloader as this can brick your tomtom another option is check which map is compatible with which navcore everything is on this site many thanks for the people that created it volla

Thanks

why cuz u cant get em to work haha i got em all working on my go which is 10 years old just read the instructions noob tube

crash613 is offline Private
    Thanks

that is what i am talking about.... i found and updated map... but i have no idea how high of a navcore i should try to update to, if at all. I have the latest map 860, so i assume that the navcore only adds the functinoality of lane selection or things that weren't avaliable when the One XL came out... I am not sure how high i should go. everything i find on the matter only states "depending on your system" and other vauge references that never mention the guidelines. only "depending on your system." That doesn't help because it doesn't say WHAT do do depending your system

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast