GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TomTom Duo Eclipse AVN2210p PND Info

Thanks

TomTom Duo Eclipse AVN2210p PND Info

I just bought a TomTom Duo that originally came with an Eclipse double-DIN headunit, and it came without an SD card, so I had to get it working from scratch. I thought I'd post my notes here for anyone else who has one and wants to update the maps, or get it working like I did.

-Download TomTom HOME from the official website, and run the updates. This will update the device and install the officially most current Navcore, which is relatively ancient 7.833

-You can find the Device ID in the HOME program in the Help section, listed as 'Device Code' under 'Connected Device'

-The newest Navcore I've been able to get to work with the device so far is 8.544. Copy the files to the blank SD card, put it in the TomTom, and turn it on. It will load the files and bring you to the 'No Maps Found!' screen.

-The only map so far I've been able to confirm works is USA map 830.2323, currently trying other Navcores and maps as time and bandwidth allows.

-Easiest way to get the maps to work with the device is Albert's Easy Activator.

So basically
    1. Download TomTom HOME and update device. Also, download all voices you want from TomTom's site, and save them (any chk and vif files in the main directory)
    2. Download Navcore 8_544_One.rar from forum

3. Delete any remaining files on the TomTom's SD card, and copy all files from the above RAR file onto the TomTom's SD card, as well as any voice files.
    4. Turn on TomTom, load to 'No Maps Found!' screen. Plug in USB cord to computer, allow to connect. Make sure you now have a ttgo.bif file.
    5. Put the map files in a folder and copy them to the SD card.
    6. Run Albert's Easy Activator, and follow steps.
    7. Put SD card in TomTom, and follow prompts to set up.

montero97 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: TomTom Duo Eclipse AVN2210p PND Info

I am trying this out but cant seem to find the USA map 830.2323. I have looked on Ipart and this site. Maybe Im not looking hard enough....can you point me in the correct location?

Thanks

I got the map off a bittorrent site, the title was 'TomTom Maps of USA and Canada v8 30 2323' , looks like it currently has 62 seeds.

UPDATE:

-I got a newer map to work with the 8.544 Navcore, the USA_and_Canada_855_2981 map, works just as well as the previous version.
    -Apparently the 8.544 Navcore isn't compatible with the actual AVN2210p headunit. When I plug it in, it just keeps cycling through the loading screen. Even if you turn the unit on before plugging it into the headunit, the SCREEN button (which cycles between the GPS and stereo display modes) doesn't work.
    -I used the Easyusertools program to patch the original 7.833 Navcore, and activate the 855.2981 map, which suprisingly works on such an old navcore. For some reason Albert's Easy Activator AND yDGpatch were both unable to patch the map or navcore. This works fine with the original stereo.
    -BUG: The bluetooth works, and I can sync with my phone and recieve calls, but the stereo keeps playing music instead of switching to allow me to hear whomever's on the other end. I can talk to them, but I can't hear them. Not sure how to fix this. Kind of disappointing since the bluetooth function works perfectly with my Eclipse CD3200 headunit.

Just have to mount the headunit in the car now and take it for a field test.

Thanks

Thanks. I found the same issue when I finally got the USA_and_Canada_855_2981 map map to load. My PND reboots when I place it in the head unit. I will try your other options. As far as the hands free, I do not use that bc everyone I called said it sounds horrible which is par for the course with this device. I will be happy if I can get the Tomtom to work with new maps. Otherwise, I will be looking for a new head unit. This one has been fairly disappointing due to the lack of map updates that I would actually pay for. Thanks again!!

Thanks

Would you mind send me or posting the steps that you did for the EASYTOOLS program ptching? I got the message that it is already patched but the maps still cannot activate. The*.meta seems to have worked properly. The steps in the readme that came with the easy tools were confusing. I might start over to see if I can get this sorted out. Thanks!

Thanks

Never mind. I foud the video tutorial re: eastools which made more sense. So far so good. Thank you all for this forum and the work to make this happen:-)

Thanks

Did you find any other bugs? For me, the PND will not turn off with my car and I cant seem to use the button to switch between the nav and the presets for the radio and Sat (screen button) I am always stuck on NAV. It worked 1 time but not since.

Thanks

Hello,
    i'm from Barcelona, Europe.

I bought a eclipse AVN2210P.
    Is a good unit, and any problems how i can mute the guidance voice when i'm playing files from usb, only with CD.
    Here in Europe, the FM steps are different, and i can't select fm stations how 92.0 Mhz, only can put 91.9 or 92.1, because is a USA unit, and the right unit for Europe is AVN2227P.

Now, i will try this solution, because is very difficult to put update maps with the Eclipse actual navcore.
    I expect to have lucky.
    Before anything, i will to give to you a lot of thanks.

I will explain here the results.
    Best regards.