GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Ultimate MapShare Test (v860 maps)

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Ultimate MapShare Test (v860 maps)

Hi everybody,

In order to test how well MapShare is functioning these days, I have planned a test in which as many people as possible upload a specific map error. Such test has never been done in this way. Since uploaded MapShare updates are provided only to those people with the exact same map, it would be convenient if people take this into account as much as possible. The error in question is the following: at this location (52.254643, 6.15892 --> that's in Deventer, the Netherlands), the parking garage has the name 'Sijzenbaanplein', according to TomTom. However, this parking garage has changed its name a while ago. The new name is: Centrumgarage. Now I was really wondering if this error would be distributed among other people when as many people as possible report this error through MapShare.

For those who want to participate in the test, please post the full name of the map and the version number. I'll kick off: Benelux v860.3101.

Thanks in advance!

Summary so far:
    - Benelux v860.3101: 1

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Ultimate MapShare Test (v860 maps)

Many views, no reports yet. What could be the problem? Are there no people with a v860 map? Or is the effort too much for people to upload a MapShare error?

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

The only people who visit this site want something for nothing, I doubt you will get any joy. I tried something similar 2 years ago on the old forum and got nowhere.
    Its also the same thing old problem with being a paid member, plenty of 860 maps on file share, but none in the paid download section.
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

dezmond is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I think the paid section is dead. Site's up for sale, I guess the focus is gone.