GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Can't Get Mapshare working

Thanks

Can't Get Mapshare working

I recently purchased a Go 730. I updated the application from TomTom Home from 8010 to 8351. I have 810 North American 2GB map. Mapshare updated and everything was fine.

I purchased a 16GB SD card and installed Navcore 9.205 and the North American 2GB 855.2884 map.

I patched the map using AutoActivate.exe and the Go 730 works fine. I can use Bluetooth, FM Transmitter, and everything else.

When I connect the TomTom to my PC (I selected the SD card), and run TomTom Home 2.7, TomTom Home wants to update my application to 8351. I don't let it and it tells me there are no other updates (except for the free update I get with my 30 day Guaranteed Map update). I don't update the map because I think I'll wait a little longer before doing that.

Anyways, there are no updates for Mapshare. I tried connecting the SD card to my card reader instead and running TomTom Home. When I try to Join Mapshare, it says:

"TomTom Map Share is not supported either for your device or for the map you are using."

I'm not sure how to get this to work.

I also have a TomTom One v4 which I updated to the North American 2GB 855.2884 map,a and 8417 Navcore and it has no problems with Mapshare. I use both devices on the same PC, but use 2 different login accounts.

I thought maybe TomTom Home is getting confused with 2 devices on the same system, so I tried installing TomTom Home at work, but I run into the same problem.

How can I get Mapshare to work on my Go 730?

Grant

Thanks

Re: Can't Get Mapshare working

I am wondering if TomTom Home thinks that the Navcore 9.205 and map 855.8244 are not compatible. Since the 9.205 is pretty new, and the Rider 3 (from what I can tell) was released in Europe, does TomTom Home think that the North America 2GB map should be 8.6x (or something higher than 855.2884)?

I think I will try to use 9.053 and the 855.2884 map to see if TomTom Home likes this combination. If this works, then I'll try with the 860 North American 2GB map and 9.205 Navcore.

Grant

Thanks

So here is what I did.

1. Delete everything from the SD card.
    2. Copy contents from X_Navcore.9.205.547817.1.Basicpack.rar to SD card.
    3. Copy ttsystem (nothing else) from X_ttsystem.9.205.547817.1.rar to SD card.
    4. Copy North America 2GB map to SD card.
    5. Put it into the Go 730 and boot up. When confronted with which map to use, I select the internal map (also North America 2GB).
    6. Unit boots and I check the Version Info screen and it is using Navcore 9.205 and map version 810 (from internal memory). ttgo.bif is created.
    7. Shut down unit and place SD card into my card reader.
    8. Run FastActivate.exe and patch map/voices.speedcams. Since I did step 3, no need to patch ttsystem.
    9. Install TomTom Home 2.7 (I had uninstalled it earlier in the day).
    10. Place SD card back in Go 730 and boot it up. This time I switch maps to the 855.2884 North America 2GB map. So far no problems.
    11. Connect Go 730 to PC and launch TomTom Home.
    12. It complains about in incorrect version of application on my device. I click ok button to continue on.
    13. It tells me that there is a new map 860 available. I have LMG, but I do not wish to download it at present.
    14. I go to Tools|Map Share and and select How To Join. It tells me:
    "TomTom Map Share is not supported either for your device or for the map you are using."

I know I can get around the error message in step 12 by creating a Config folder, and placing the version.txt file in that folder. I would the following in the file:

A:8351
    B:9982

This should generate a ttgo.bak, and ttgo.ori on the SD card.

I still cannot get Mapshare to work for my map. I also tried going to Navcore 9.503 and received the same results.

If also tried removing the SD card (16GB) and using the internal memory, I get MapShare updates.

I'm not sure what bootloader I have on the internal memory (I'll check that) as I am just downloading the 860 map to my internal memory as TomTom Home suggests it.

Is TomTom Home getting confused because I have Navcore 8.351 on the internal memory, but 9.205 on the SD card?

I am stumped.

Thanks

I finally got it working. Thanks to tendriver and Downunder35m for all your help. I think the biggest problem I had was that I changed the ttgo.bif file too soon. I changed the two lines in the ttgo.bif to 8351 and 9982 after patching the map but before running TomTom HOME. In any case I wrote a HUGE document for myself on the order to do things so that they will work.

I grabbed the 860.3100 map and got 600+ Mapshare updates. I decided to use the LMG, and I got the 860.3101 NA 2GB map. I assume there are no official TomTom updates for this map as of yet. The Mapshare dialog box in TomTom HOME tells me that my map is more than 20 weeks out of date and that Mapshare is temporarily unavailable.

Grant

luniz7 is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grantk View Post
    I finally got it working. Thanks to tendriver and Downunder35m for all your help. I think the biggest problem I had was that I changed the ttgo.bif file too soon. I changed the two lines in the ttgo.bif to 8351 and 9982 after patching the map but before running TomTom HOME. In any case I wrote a HUGE document for myself on the order to do things so that they will work.

I grabbed the 860.3100 map and got 600+ Mapshare updates. I decided to use the LMG, and I got the 860.3101 NA 2GB map. I assume there are no official TomTom updates for this map as of yet. The Mapshare dialog box in TomTom HOME tells me that my map is more than 20 weeks out of date and that Mapshare is temporarily unavailable.

Grant
    Would you mind sharing? I update my xl 330s to 860.3127 usa and canada and get maps havent updated for more then 20 weeks and cant use mapshare

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Don´t worry. That's usual with mapshare. Sometimes its off and its usual that kind of message when u just updated ur maps. In a few days it will be fine.