GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Slow usb transfer

ludespeedny is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Slow usb transfer

I have a TT One 3rd edition, and it seems like it takes forever to transfer things over usb. I just installed the newest map and it took about 20 minutes to transfer.

From the info screen the app is 8.412 and boot is 5.5001 and map is US & Canada 860.3127

Thanks

Re: Slow usb transfer

I believe all units have USB 1.0 and not 2.0 that's why its slow.

Thanks

If i wanted to upgrade my navcore and bootloader, what would be the recommended ones to upgrade to? I saw in the forums to avoid certain bootloaders, but don't remember which ones.

Silverhawk is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

I've owned five TT's and all had slow USB transfer rates. Nature of the beast I guess.

8.412 is a good navcore. I've tried others on my ONE v2 but always go back. I do like the SE version better (SE 8.412.1236), so if you want to play around try it. Most of the newer navcores didn't seem to work since they were developed for models with 4.3" screens, that's my theory at least.

My original bootloader didn't support larger SDHC cards. I upgraded to 5.5112 and then to 5.5128. 5.5112 seemed to boot a little faster, so if I could go back I'd stop with it. I don't think your model has a SD card slot, so the benefits are low and the risks are high if you play with your bootloader. Stay away from 5.5130. Users say it slows the USB transfer rate to a crawl.

Thanks

I think i have the SE version. The whole app line reads: App 8.412 (1236/090403) OS: 303268.
    Where can I get the bootloader you reference? I cannot find a working d/l link?

Silverhawk is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

If your navcore contains "1236" then you have the SE version.

There are bootloader d/l links listed in this forum under TomTom Navcore, Sticky: Bootloader version (p. 3).
    Last edited by Silverhawk; 10th December 2010 at 22:47.