GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TomTom One XL IQ Routes

Thanks

TomTom One XL IQ Routes

Hope someone here can help me, I am looking at getting a 5 month old One XL off Ebay but I want a SatNav with itinerary planning on it for my job. Does anyone know if this has it or maybe point me towards a decent model with it on.
    Many Thanks
    Mark

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: TomTom One XL IQ Routes

It would be wise of you if instead just asking here you do a google search for that model features. Even could have done that directly in tomtom homepage.

Anyway, yes that model would be fine for you

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Red_Kite. Any model can do itinerary planning, but my advice would be to choose a model with an SDcard slot, then storage space is no longer a problem.
    Remember any model can be made to perform as an IQ version with the use of an SE Navcore & map from this site.
    Sorry about your first reply, that kind of atitude stinks and does not reflect the majority.
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Thanks

macapa

Im my opinion people cant just register to any forum board and start asking without first have done some homework. When someone wants to buy something firts would do a search by brand, model, size, whatever would be needed to be considered. At least see some pics to get the general idea of what he can get.
    Do a first choice by a couple of models and / or brands.
    Then i agree to ask for another opinion or even experts opinions as we can find here.. (not mine, im not an expert myself, just a newbie with a gps bought a month and half... by myself!).

Anyway, im sorry you got a wrong idea of what i wrote in my previous post as the first answer to Red_Kite, it was not my intention to make it harsh

Thanks

Klazpt.

OK mate, no probs.
    I have been a member of this, and the forum it replaced since it started several years ago, so I seen it all repeated over and over.
    I never tire, and take great delight if I can help someone new resolve their problems.

I wish you, and all who read this post a prosperous new year, and as I have fully retired now, intend to use my TomTom to its fullest.
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Thanks

Many thanks macapa.
    Don't think it's a big deal, i understand your point and, in a way, i agree with you.
    I only think that some people (we all i would say) need a shake :-) to wake up a little and open the eyes to what is happening around us and not only be lazy.. But... we are all a bit lazy (i am myself lol).

Happy New Year

Thanks

I think the biggest improvement to this site is, if, all members were to copy their device info as their signature, wouldn't that cut down the amount of posts !

Thanks

well... guess some dont know how to get it -) also maybe it would be a big signature lol

Thanks

Thanks for your help Macapaca. I had looked at online user manuals and some say it did and some weren't clear so I thought it easiest to ask. I appreciate I am not a regular poster here but my first experience with trying to update maps on my current one 30 didn't go too well so I wanted a device I could get and use without too much hastle. I may have another go at updating maps but can't seem to get the right combination working. So I thought I might upgrade my model initially then work on the maps

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Updating maps is the same for every TT model. Were do you have problems with updating the map, at which point? Are you purchasing the maps from TT, or are you downloading them yourselves?