Re: GO 1000 cannot make use of 'Cracked' map?????
I have a friend with the same problem in Windows 7, this is how I fixed it.
1. Download an app called VM Lite Workstation, its free.
2. Download from Microsoft "XP Mode" (match it to your current OS), its also free.
3. Install "VM" and all its associated apps, at the end, point it to your downloaded "XP Mode" file.
4. Install TomTom Home version 2xxx from inside the Virtual XP
5. Plug in your TomTom, from inside Virtual XP, it should now be recognised.
TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz