GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Live services on One XL with SE navcore

hans_zelf is offline Private
    Thanks

Live services on One XL with SE navcore

I recently upgraded my One XL to navcore 9.101 SE because I want to use cspeech. Moreover I wasn't happy about the original navcore; it made my TT reboot at random.
    Everything works fine except Live-services. After setting model.txt to "ori" the HD-traffic will work sometimes but not always. Trying to use other services like fuel-prices result in "cannot connect to Live services - try again later".
    Is this a settings-issue or do I just have to choose: SE-navcore or Live-services?

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Live services on One XL with SE navcore

The cspeech files are for voice recognition, but the XL LIVE doesn't have a microphone. So the cspeech files are useless. For LIVE Services, try the x30 emulation. Otherwise, the original NC is an option.

Thanks

Sorry, my mistake. I mean the vocalizer computer voice, not the voice recognition. Original NC doesn't support vocalizer; SE does.

Thanks

Okay, have you tried the x30 emulation? If LIVE works (sometimes) with the ori emulation, I think the problem is not your device, but it is at the servers from TT itself (they cause the crappy connection).

Thanks

I've tried ori, x30 and x50. After rebooting in different mode HDT works once, then dissapears. Other Live-functions don't work at all.
    After reinstalling official NC Live-services work fine but "voice not available" appears. I don't think it's a server-issue.

Thanks

Maybe you could try NC 8.544SE in the x30 mode. The HD Traffic receiver works perfectly on my One XL using that configuration. I know the HD Traffic receiver is not the same as the LIVE Services, but it's worth a try.

Thanks

Okay, certainly worth a try, but where do I find 8.544SE? It's not in this thread.

Thanks

You're right. I think I'm not allowed to link to other fora here. But I've a new idea, perhaps much better. Download the DSA tool here: Install it and make a new empty folder on your desktop. Then run the DSA tool and select '9.054.xl2009_live_tts.CAB-navcore-XL_LIVE.cab' from the drop-down list under the 'CAB' section. Select 'slf-Self' from the list just below. Then click on the 'TomTom' button and select the empty folder on your desktop. Finally, click 'Patch'. Then you must wait for the program to finish. After that, copy the contents of the folder on your desktop (except for the system file) to your empty TT (your TT should be formatted before (except for the map if you want)). Now you can put Vocalizer on it. Could you try all this and report if it works?