GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: tomtom go 720T no sound

bass junkie is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

tomtom go 720T no sound

hi guys - got a tomtom go 720T...cannot get any sound out from it...it is set to internal speaker...thought it may be speaker, so i replaced from a working tomtom go, but still there is no sound...is this a hardware or software fault ?...also i see it has a audio out connector...is there any speaker that i can simply plug into the audio out and use that ?...i see it has a fm transmitter, but heard its not very good through the car speakers..anything i can use ?...cheers

The Maverick is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,299 Times in 65 Posts

Re: tomtom go 720T no sound

FM transmitter is great. I miss my 720. Are you try Loquento, or just system voices. Have you muted the volume. Have you stopped getting directions. If you are using Loquento, make sure you are using the correct version. I have never come across a problem with the speaker itself. You could attach a communications speaker with a mono 3.5mm jack to it it it is 8ohms impedance, or a bluetooth headset to test. I suspect perhaps you are missing a necessary file. Sorry I sold my lovely 720 a while back and cannot remember its name, but you can always restore from your backup when it was working.

bass junkie is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: tomtom go 720T no sound

Quote Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
    FM transmitter is great. I miss my 720. Are you try Loquento, or just system voices. Have you muted the volume. Have you stopped getting directions. If you are using Loquento, make sure you are using the correct version. I have never come across a problem with the speaker itself. You could attach a communications speaker with a mono 3.5mm jack to it it it is 8ohms impedance, or a bluetooth headset to test. I suspect perhaps you are missing a necessary file. Sorry I sold my lovely 720 a while back and cannot remember its name, but you can always restore from your backup when it was working.
    hi mate - what is loquento ?...i have the standard tim,jane etc..voices, alondg with some premium homer simpson, snoop dog, john cleese..none which work on this go 720. All the voices work fine on my tomtom go 530....ive just plugged in some headphones from my kids ipod into the line out...they work only in mono..probably get a mono speaker like u said with a 3.5mm jack....and just use this attach the speaker to my dashboard with velcro or sometging...lol....i updated to latest navcore for this unit from tomtom home with the original maps, but still dont work...ive just opgraded to a different patched navcore and put on the latest uk and roi maps...but still doesnt make a sound...no drum sound at the boot up etc...thinking it might be some hardware fault...is it possible to get a connection off the line out socket and wire it to the internal speaker ?...