GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Help! Tomtom on Chinese 2 DIN, WinCE6, 128MB - Getting "Not Enough Memory" Error.

wildwild is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Help! Tomtom on Chinese 2 DIN, WinCE6, 128MB - Getting "Not Enough Memory" Error.

Hi all,

I have been trying to get Tomtom 7.910 to work with a 7" 2 Din Chinese car GPS running Wince6 for days now. It ran OK in the WinCE 5 emulator, but was getting "Not Enough Memory" in the actual unit.

Could anyone tell me how to overcome this error? I have tried with Setmem to 70000 but did not help

The GPS is 128MB running WinCE 6. I think this unit has problems running TT.

Help please.

ropac is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Help! Tomtom on Chinese 2 DIN, WinCE6, 128MB - Getting "Not Enough Memory" Error.

I can't really give you any advice, as I do not have a Wince6 unit.

However, I have read quite a bit about this problem on Wince6, so my first question is: Have you tried the "mapsettings.cfg" trick?

I have copied this from another forum:

"I downloaded that win ce 5 emulator, activated the same map that i am using on the win ce 6. Then did a A - B route plan on the emulator (so it didn't need a GPS). I copied the mapsettings.cfg file into the win ce 6 device and hey presto, it worked!"

Thanks

Re: Help! Tomtom on Chinese 2 DIN, WinCE6, 128MB - Getting "Not Enough Memory" Error.

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried this trick already with no results

Thanks

Have you tried ver 7.450 as well?

Thanks

Not yet. Have you seen somewhere that it would work with WINCE6?

Thanks

crabber is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I have a Chinese GPS with WinCe6, 128 memory, I tried many many versions of Tomtom, all failed with memory error except the one posted by tarbardajun on Mobilism forum.
    It is version 7.910, it still needs an active route to start, I use a PDA with exactly the same map for my map settings file but there are emulators that will work to do this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildwild View Post
    Not yet. Have you seen somewhere that it would work with WINCE6?

Thanks
    No, it is just that I found it less demanding than 7.910 so maybe it is worth trying.

I have seen others that claim that they have TT 7.* running on their Wince6 units, and I don't dispute
    this for a minute. It really is all about the unit you have, because although these units all look the same
    BUT are VERY DIFFERENT with their software, rom's etc. and therefore capabilities.

Maybe Crabber has the answer for you!
    Last edited by ropac; 13th January 2011 at 16:11.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 30th October 2011, 19:09
  2. 28th April 2011, 04:41