GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By klazpt

Thread: TomTom XL (30 series) upgraded with new map and OS but will not work with Home2

robin9999 is offline Private
    Thanks

TomTom XL (30 series) upgraded with new map and OS but will not work with Home2

Just sucessfully upgraded my TT XL with 8.562 OS and V855.2938 Australia map. All seems to work well but when I connect to my PC and Home2 it will not 'opperate my device'. It shows 'No map installed' and I cannot go any further. I have zapped the Home2 with Fastactivate premium but to no avail. Have also reinstalled Home after complete removal. Anyone got any ideas.
    Last edited by robin9999; 11th January 2011 at 03:08.

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: TomTom XL (30 series) upgraded with new map and OS but will not work with Home2

I guess you need to patch your TT Home aswell.
    can use any of the avaiable patchers in the forum. I use FastActivator myself
    Kevin Legg likes this.

Thanks

Re: TomTom XL (30 series) upgraded with new map and OS but will not work with Home2

Done all that when I installed the new map and speed camera add on

P33dro is offline General
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,862 Times in 1,239 Posts

When you first time "use my device" option in HOME, You must download new profile files when HOME ask it and close HOME, then patch HOME....

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

(Off topic) P33dro are you from Portugal?

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Try this:
    From your backup that did work in TT Home copy these two lines from the "ttgo.bif" file (open "ttgo.bif" with notepad)
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=????
    ApplicationVersion=????

Open your current "ttgo.bif" with Notepad and then save it as "ttgo.bak" in the root of the TT, so you can keep a copy.
    Now go back to "ttgo.bif" and paste in the two lines you copied from your backup.
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=????
    ApplicationVersion=????

When you connect with TT Home, it will see what it thinks is the "official" application version and you should be good to go.
    Operating your TT via Home, will look and act like the original app version.
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Thanks

I thought that i was on a winner then. I did all of the above but when I connected to Home2 I got a red screen with. "Problem with map" "You cannot use this map on this device:Australia-204" Any ideas.

Thanks

Update: I have just hit Home2 with fastactivate AGAIN with Home2 running and it seems to have corrected the red screen issue. All systems go Virgil. Thanks

karlc14 is offline Private
    Thanks

i've tried to do same thing on ttone 3rd edition. i'm running the app 9101, but everytime i change ttgo.bif file it resets back to 9101. i've tried to use easytools and fastactivate but never finds home dlll to patch it, please help

LinkBacks (?)

1. 26th June 2011, 20:20