TomTom 7.910 on chinese CVPR-CS37 portable Navigator
Because I wanted a TomTom-based GPS with a big screen, I bought this 7" GPS Navigator with WIFI running on WinCE 5.0. It came with iGo preinstalled and working properly. The GPS processor is not SIRFIII, it is UBLOX 5 G591C.
I spent more than 30 hours trying to have TonTom 7 running on the device. Although I have installed TT7 dozens of times on CE 4.5, CE 5.0, WM 6.5, I can't manage to have it running on this device. My best achievement so far was TomTom struggling to find GPS signal strong enough to start the application. The version was: 7.910.9185 which is made for MIO MOOV.The configuration is:
- Other GPS NMEA
- 4800 bauds
- 3 ports to chose:
1. Serial cable on COM1:
2. Serial cable on COM2:
3. IrCOMM on COM3:
Port 3 is the one that gave some sign of presence of GPS but never managed to fix the GPS signal. I fear there is something wrong with the ports and there must be some ports missing but don't know how to fix.
My many attempts to install debugging applications miserably failed with messages like:
" Failed to install on your device because the installation file is not intended for this device" or "The application cannot run on this device type. Please install the application specific to the device type". Needless to say that for those software I downloaded ONLY the ARM version for CE.
Has anyone of us here managed to run TomTom on this device?
Re: TomTom 7.910 on chinese CVPR-CS37 portable Navigator
I finally figured out what the problem was. I was thinking that the COM3: port must be completely wrong. By using the GPS test tool shipped with the device (hidden in folders within folders...) I saw that actually 4800 baud was the cause. Unfortunately this is the value I have always used in my several installations of TomTom and it never failed.
Having said that, under COM1: and COM2: there is no signal at all. Under COM3: the GPS tester tool displayed unreadable characters for all BAUD values but 9600. When I configured to COM3/9600 BAUD then the device fixed all right the signal. I have learnt a new lesson: that SIRFIII chip is not the same as UBLOX!
Thanks for your time.
Last edited by jvchawk; 14th January 2011 at 07:18.