GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Tom Tom 300

steve1959 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Tom Tom 300

When I put my sd card into my TT 300 it wont boot up the picture of the sd card on the tt screen just flickers in and out, can I get it back to original settings ?

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Tom Tom 300

Then you're missing some files on the SD-card. You could remove all files from the SD-card (no folders, just the files in the root). Then make sure the SD-card is in the TT and connect the TT to the PC. Then update your device through TT HOME. The new software will then be installed.

Thanks

I am using a backup of original sd card which I know is ok. I upgraded the bootloader to read a 4 gb sd card. Is it possible to screw your tom tom up so that nothing more can be done with it .

Thanks

Yes, that's possible (if something went wrong during the bootloader upgrade). But I would first try the suggestions in post #2.

Thanks

Not having much luck with tom tom home , I have read many post to use it but dont know how . Can you downgrade you bootloader. if you press and hold the on button you get all the info from your tom tom on mine it says the bootloader version is s5.5229 clist#343722 RVCT if that means anything to anyone
    Last edited by steve1959; 15th January 2011 at 12:37.

sug172 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Did all the problems start after you used the 4GB sd card, Have you tried the same software on a 2GB card. I have found 4GB cards to be unstable although others have claimed success, Also is it a standard SD card or a HCSD, I dont think the HCSD will work but I could be wrong. I have been having similar problems on a tomtom 300 and in my case the navcore was not compatible and it kept going into a reboot recycling loop.

Thanks

Good point; is it an SD or SDHC card? 4GB SDHC cards are no problem with bootloaders 5.5022 or higher. You have bootloader 5.5229, so that's fine. To use TT HOME, put the (empty) SD(HC)-card into your TT and connect to a computer. Then run TT HOME and choose 'Update my GO'. Then, a new NC will be offered.