GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TT One 3rd Edition Map Updates

TTOne-SA is offline Private
    Thanks

TT One 3rd Edition Map Updates

Hi Everyone,

I need some assistance regarding loading a new map on my TT. I have done the following plenty of times but just can't seem to get the TT working, I always get 'No Maps Found' error, I'm thinking that I am missing something small for it to work:
    - Delete everything from device.
    - Plugged in through Home and it download Navcore ver 8.016
    - Copied the maps of Southern Africa downloaded ver 860.3124 (I noticed that the download already had .dct files for the map and safety cameras, does this mean that I don't need to use the patching tool?)
    - Copied Auto Activator to root directory with mymeta.txt and it ran through successfully
    - I also tried using Fast Activator and Albert's Activator where I also patched the ttsystem file

After all this and continuously trying different software I still cannot get past the error.

I have read a bit on the Navcor SE versions, do I need to use an SE version so that the uploaded maps will work? What SE version can I use and do you have a link to download it?

Thanx.

Hazzing is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: TT One 3rd Edition Map Updates

The map you want to use is not compatible with the navcore you're using. Update navcore to at least 8.2xx. Maybe use one of the SE navcores availble here.

TT GO 910 - SE 9.056.542741.2 - Europe 910.4892
    TT XXL - NC 9.510.1234792.2 - Western Europe 910.4956
    LG Optimus G E975 TomTom 1.2 - Navigon 4.9.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazzing For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzing View Post
    The map you want to use is not compatible with the navcore you're using. Update navcore to at least 8.2xx. Maybe use one of the SE navcores availble here.
    I checked for a 8.2xx navcore but only found 8.0xx and 8.3xx, do you perhaps have a link for me of where I can download this, prefereably the se version?

Thanx.

Hazzing is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TTOne-SA View Post
    I checked for a 8.2xx navcore but only found 8.0xx and 8.3xx, do you perhaps have a link for me of where I can download this, prefereably the se version?

Thanx.
    I would like to do so, but when I check the links for SE navcores, they are not the ones that I used to DL. The old links seem to be gone.. I once DL'ed NC 8.412.1236 and it's a appox. 40mb DL and the ones you can DL now
    is only consisting of the ttsystem file. and I'm not a 100% sure that that is enough for you.

TT GO 910 - SE 9.056.542741.2 - Europe 910.4892
    TT XXL - NC 9.510.1234792.2 - Western Europe 910.4956
    LG Optimus G E975 TomTom 1.2 - Navigon 4.9.0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazzing For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuriyggg View Post
    Either 8.2 or 8.3 or 8.4 or 8.5 from here
    Navcore for the lazy
    And everything will work
    (and I'm on such a model, using 9051 or 9160)
    Cool, I thought that I had to get a specific 8.2xx version. If you using 9.160, then at least I know I can use anything above 8.2
    I will use the links provided and let you know how it goes...

Thanks

Thanx for the information. I've successfully loaded navcore 9.051 with the SA maps and they work great, only thing is that I cannot setup the sounds for the safety camera's, do I perhaps have to do something else so that the icon is not blocked? Also how do I setup the tomtom so that home can download voices, updates, etc or does the se navcore not work with home?

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 305 Posts

Thanx for the information. I've successfully loaded navcore 9.051 with the SA maps and they work great, only thing is that I cannot setup the sounds for the safety camera's, do I perhaps have to do something else so that the icon is not blocked? Also how do I setup the tomtom so that home can download voices, updates, etc or does the se navcore not work with home?
    - Safety Camera sounds should be on by default. In the menu, go to Live Services - Safety Alerts - Change warning preferences and select the warning sounds there.
    - TomTom Home will give you free standard voices and other updates at no cost. When the device is plugged into the computer, the updates should come up automatically. If not, just go to the menu in TomTom Home and click on "Update..." for Mapshare and other updates, or on "Add ...Voices... etc" to download other things like voices, images, icons, etc.
    Last edited by lemonfish; 20th February 2011 at 22:41.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    - Safety Camera sounds should be on by default. In the menu, go to Live Services - Safety Alerts - Change warning preferences and select the warning sounds there.
    - TomTom Home will give you free standard voices and other updates at no cost. When the device is plugged into the computer, the updates should come up automatically. If not, just go to the menu in TomTom Home and click on "Update..." for Mapshare and other updates, or on "Add ...Voices... etc" to download other things like voices, images, icons, etc.
    I don't have live service on my menu...I click on TomTom Services, then I have all the options, weather, my services, etc. However the safety camera cannot be clicked as it shows in light grey...
    For TomTom Home then there is no special patches needed, just carry on using it like I use to before I used the SE software for my TomTom...

Thanx.

Thanks

Any help please...Do you perhaps think I should resort to a version 8 navcore and see if that could make a difference?

Thanks

TomTom Home will give you free standard voices and other updates at no cost. When the device is plugged into the computer, the updates should come up automatically. If not, just go to the menu in TomTom Home and click on "Update..." for Mapshare and other updates, or on "Add ...Voices... etc" to download other things like voices, images, icons, etc

14. The Following User Says Thank You to safira218 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast