GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Please HELP me! My TomTom Go 910 has problems.

cjmwlove is offline Private
    Thanks

Please HELP me! My TomTom Go 910 has problems.

Hi everyone,

I am sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place but i really need help from someboday.

I have a TomTom Go 910 and it is updated running on version 7 i cant find out as my device wont show me anything it just comes up with no map selected and i cannt do anything else with it.

Basically what has happened is i have tried to install an Australian map on it not knowing what to do or how to really do it and now have messed it up completely (women and technology do not go. lol), i only had the UK and America maps which were already on it when purchased but have moved to Oz and would like the map for Australia on it aswell for free obviously.

If anyone can help me fix this and to get the Australia map on it aswell i would be very very gratefull. If you could give me the download sites for the map and then how to put it on etc etc and what i need to step by step.

Thanks

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 305 Posts

Re: Please HELP me! My TomTom Go 910 has problems.

See my thread from another forum on how to install the latest Australia map on any TomTom model:

How to install a new map on any TomTom model from scratch. Easy-to-follow steps! - Austech
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Please HELP me! My TomTom Go 910 has problems.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have formatted the tomtom and i have installed tomtom home but when i have tried to check for updates i get... the following problem occured. You can continue but functionality may not be available. error when contactin server: forbidden. I then get this below.......ERROR: -403/#https://community.tomtom.com/shop/ge...censedContent: Error from server: Forbidden
    Forbidden
    Error code: HTTP 403
    URL: https://community.tomtom.com/shop/ge...icensedContent
    Additional information: info = [object]
    info.func = [string] shop/getAccountLicensedContent
    info.args = [object]
    info.args.deviceCapabilities = [string]
    info.args.deviceParameters = [string] {}
    info.args.deviceCode = [string] AKVAQAJFQ2
    info.args.deviceSerial = [string] V76449Y00071
    info.args.deviceModel = [string] go910
    info.args.deviceNavcoreVersion = [string] 0.000
    info.args.deviceNavcoreBuild = [string]
    info.args.publicBeta = [boolean] false

info.method = [string] GET
    info.useCache = [string] false
    info.dryRun = [string] false
    info.xmluploadbody = [object] empty

Severity: 1103
    Stack:
    0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:468
    xmluploadbody: this.xmluploadbody
    1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
    this._doneCallbacks();
    2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
    this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 07:01:55 GMT

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hamish is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Did you make a Windows Explorer backup prior to formatting your TT?

Nothing wrong with lemonfish's method if followed precisely.

Thanks

Hi,

I did backup but for some reason i have now lost my maps that were already on the tomtom ah well i just need the Australia one for now.

I found out what this error code was and it was due to TomTom updating there site from 3am to 11am. (trust them to do it when i need it lol).

I now have another problem i have done everything from lemonfish's post i have downloaded the Australia map and have extracted it from winrar to a folder i have created in the tomtom drive. I have then run the fast auto activate and everything seems fine, it says patched, etc etc but still it says no maps on my device. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

When you say the root what does this actually mean??? Am i extracting the files from winrar and not puttin them in the correct place?

Please help me. I would be very very gratefull as its annoying me why it wont work or am i being stupid.

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjmwlove View Post
    Hi,

I did backup but for some reason i have now lost my maps that were already on the tomtom ah well i just need the Australia one for now.

I found out what this error code was and it was due to TomTom updating there site from 3am to 11am. (trust them to do it when i need it lol).

I now have another problem i have done everything from lemonfish's post i have downloaded the Australia map and have extracted it from winrar to a folder i have created in the tomtom drive. I have then run the fast auto activate and everything seems fine, it says patched, etc etc but still it says no maps on my device. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

When you say the root what does this actually mean??? Am i extracting the files from winrar and not puttin them in the correct place?

Please help me. I would be very very gratefull as its annoying me why it wont work or am i being stupid.
    Patch your TT system files as either TT Home. Then, just in case, do a reset and reboot. Test

Thanks

Sorry how do i do this i see the tt system folder and the tt home but what do i exactly need to do as i think i must be doing it wrong.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi,

I have managed to get it working i dont know eactly what i did but i tried it a different way but still using your step by step guide and advice. Thanks for all your help LEMONFISH & KLAZPT i dont know what i would have done without yous!!!!!!!!!!

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjmwlove View Post
    Hi,

I have managed to get it working i dont know eactly what i did but i tried it a different way but still using your step by step guide and advice. Thanks for all your help LEMONFISH & KLAZPT i dont know what i would have done without yous!!!!!!!!!!
    Great to hear!
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244