GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: After map update Search POI feature not working...

Jay-Jay is offline Corporal
    Thanks

After map update Search POI feature not working...

My device is a TomTom ONE V4

My Map Core is: 8.410

My new map is: USA_and_Mexico v865.3259

Tool used: Alberts EasyActivator5

meta data key used:
    Code:
    ; USA_and_Mexico_1GB_865_3259
    38 54 A1 B7 53 CB EC 31 30 49 19 41 20 1C 68 14 USA_and_Mexico_1GB-307.meta
    I have successfully installed my new map, but now when I run the feature to search for a POI either nearby or from a city, I get No POI Found! -- even though I am using names I know do exist nearby.

Does anyone know if there is something I can run to fix this?

When I transferred my new MAP, I just let it overwrite the new map files, but this still keeps my POI intact. I did run TomTom Home and it did update some changes, but still not working for me.

Update I was able to solve the problem. I started all over and this time I created a new folder for this new map and deleted my old one (I did backup that one on my PC). This time with a new map folder and only the files that are provided in the map download, the Search POI now works fine. Now then, I'll just add those POI files that I need from my old backup and I think everything will be okay from then on.

Sorry for the confusion, but at the same time, I hope this helps out someone else that may have the same issue. FYI, I used to just add the new map files to my old existing folder and it used to work okay. But I guess this time, it did not work as it should.
    Last edited by Jay-Jay; 26th February 2011 at 14:12.

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: After map update Search POI feature not working...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Jay View Post
    My device is a TomTom ONE V4

My Map Core is: 8.410

My new map is: USA_and_Mexico v865.3259

Tool used: Alberts EasyActivator5

meta data key used:
    Code:
    ; USA_and_Mexico_1GB_865_3259
    38 54 A1 B7 53 CB EC 31 30 49 19 41 20 1C 68 14 USA_and_Mexico_1GB-307.meta
    I have successfully installed my new map, but now when I run the feature to search for a POI either nearby or from a city, I get No POI Found! -- even though I am using names I know do exist nearby.

Does anyone know if there is something I can run to fix this?

When I transferred my new MAP, I just let it overwrite the new map files, but this still keeps my POI intact. I did run TomTom Home and it did update some changes, but still not working for me.

Update I was able to solve the problem. I started all over and this time I created a new folder for this new map and deleted my old one (I did backup that one on my PC). This time with a new map folder and only the files that are provided in the map download, the Search POI now works fine. Now then, I'll just add those POI files that I need from my old backup and I think everything will be okay from then on.

Sorry for the confusion, but at the same time, I hope this helps out someone else that may have the same issue. FYI, I used to just add the new map files to my old existing folder and it used to work okay. But I guess this time, it did not work as it should.
    When you update / install a map, if you dont touch / delete your POI's folder, they will remain there.

However, the POI's you previously have choseen to show in your previous map, won't show anymore. To avoid that, and in order to keep some settings like before (favorits, etc) you must copy the mapsettings.cfg file from map folder of your previous map to the new one.

Doing that you'll all your stuff working (unless the ones that need to be patched which you will do to make them working)