GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: New to TomTom ONE XL Modding - Maps, NavCore, BootLoader?, Speed Cameras, Fuel Prices

Connah is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

New to TomTom ONE XL Modding - Maps, NavCore, BootLoader?, Speed Cameras, Fuel Prices

I am wanting to mod my TT One XL HD Traffic but Im not 100% sure. I have tried to update my maps to v865 1GB Western Europe but for some reason theyre too big for my SatNav (I thought the 1GB was designed to fit on this?).

My current specs are:
    v710.1617 Western Europe 1GB
    App 7.301 (8636/071112) OS: 2121
    32MB Ram
    GPS v1.12 Boot 5.5244

I decided that I want to update as much as possible to the best (not necessarily latest?) versions. I would like the latest maps possible (preferably with MapShare) and most functions on the menus. Id also like the latest speed camera alerts and fuel prices if possible.

I backed up the device with TTHome and seperately with My Computer, formatted the device and installed NavCore 9.101 as I found that this is the latest for my device? I tried to copy the 1GB Western Europe v865.3259 maps but the files were 60mb+ too big? (My satnav was blank except the new navcore) Because they wouldnt fit I proceeded to turn the SatNav on anyway without any maps. I got the No Maps Available screen and plugged it back into the PC, copied my old activated v710 maps back on. The map worked but I got several errors about having no English Voices (Because I hadnt got a voices folder anymore) but I skipped this as I could add them later. I could use the map for viewing but whenever I pressed the map the SatNav restarted and also all the "images" (arrows, zoom etc) were little white squares.

I am now conducting the restore using my computer and hoping to get it back to the state I bought it in.

Do I need to update my bootloader? It is not the latest one that I have seen on the forums but I dont remember the number. (Ill update this post with more specs after the restore is complete)
    Last edited by Connah; 1st March 2011 at 18:01. Reason: Extra Specs Added

holyhead is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: New to TomTom ONE XL Modding - Maps, NavCore, BootLoader?, Speed Cameras, Fuel Pr

For the internal memory 1GB map is to big you have to use a mapzone Europe North 717 MB or an other zone (look at the TomTom site). But I don,t understand why are you not using an SD card. Put navcore 9.101SE on a SDcard en map WE 865.3245. For the use of SDHC card from 4GB of more you need bootloader 5.5022 als a minimum.
    Last edited by holyhead; 1st March 2011 at 16:54.

Thanks

Re: New to TomTom ONE XL Modding - Maps, NavCore, BootLoader?, Speed Cameras, Fuel Pr

I do not use an SD card because I do not have one and dont want to have to buy another when I have no need to.

Does Europe North contain then general UK, Spain, France etc? Or is there a way I can find out what countries the maps contain? I need UK and France minimum and preferably the common countries to travel in case I ever decide to

Also my specs are:
    App 7.301 (8636/071112) OS: 2121
    32MB Ram
    GPS v1.12 Boot 5.5244

Is v865.3245 the latest Northern Europe because the western europe had .3259?

I got the navcore 9.101 from the "NavCores in this forum" thread. Is the SE version (it didnt say) or could I just put the 9.101 on and use EA5 to activate?

Thank you for your help

Thanks

I suppose that there are only SE versions on this forum.
    865,3245 is the latest card. On the TomTom website you can find out what countries the maps contain? Spain is not on the Europe North map. I mentioned an SD card because you wanted WE on 1GB, So my advise is still if you have an SD slot use an SD card. Succes.

Thanks

Ok well the euro maps arent important yet really so I think what ill do is search for the 9.101SE you mentioned (as i copied a direct link to the tomtom site so i guess this isnt SE?) and get the latest Euro with most countries and UK that fit onto the 1GB of memory in the SatNav

Simply drag, drop, turn on, activate?

Then just add the speed cameras/fuel prices from the POI Section of this site?

Thank You

Thanks

From the TomTom site is not an SE but you can patched it with auto activate and activated the card with auto activate to.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/ans.../?locale=en_GB
    Last edited by holyhead; 1st March 2011 at 18:34.

Thanks

Thanks, I used the patched one from this site, was alright but keeps crashing on ori mode. x50 was strange (cant remember what ididnt like about it - dont think it had the speed cameras or something) ima try x50 again and see what x40 is like, if not would it be alright to restore my old backup (to get my old navcore back) and just update my maps/poi/etc?

Also i couldnt find which maps included uk (even with that link) so ill just get the UK maps for now (thats all my mam wants on her satnav anyway) and download europe as and when i need it

Thank you for your help

The x50 is better due to the media/photos etc but when i press the touch screen it seems to "double-click" ill try x40 though and if not ill downgrade back to my backup if that will work?
    Last edited by Connah; 1st March 2011 at 21:31.

Thanks

Found that x40light was the best one. No double tapping, custom voices work (didnt with x40 for some reason?), XLS had same menu as Ori and double tapped and had no custom voices working.

Is there any way to increase the volume though? On x40 the volume was significatly louder than x40light, x50, and ori even though all were tested on 100% with the same voice.

And also, since updating NavCore from 7.301 to 9.101SE I no longer get the QuickGPS Fix update and thus it takes longer to find a signal. Anything I can do?

Thanks
    Last edited by Connah; 6th March 2011 at 15:24.