GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: First Time User

willsth is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

First Time User

I'm trying to replace some maps on my TomTom 710 and I cant seem to achieve it.
    I'm using Easy Activator v0.57.21
    I've got 2 maps on my TomTom which where as delivered
    Western Europe vers 650.1047
    and the Canary Islands vers 650.1072
    I could never use the Canary Islands because I didnt have an activation code.
    I patched my TomTom using Easy Activator and I can now access either of the maps.

I downloaded UK & ROI 865.3245 from this site together with Meta file.
    I removed the old Western Europe map from the TT because the SD card wasnt large enough to take another map.
    I copied the UK & ROI map into the root folder and followed instructions to generate a *.dct. All seemed to go OK but I cantget the TT to recognise ther'e a new map there.

Any help would be appreciated

surfjunkey is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: First Time User

use fast activator - found in open tools here - copy it to map folder - run it(click on all 4 options) - should update meta & activate map - reboot tomtom job done!

ChillyCat is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Last edited by ChillyCat; 4th January 2012 at 14:03.

willsth is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Sorted now thanks used Fast Activator.
    My Navcore is 7.903 on a Go 710 what benefits do I get from updating to a newer Navcore and which one could I use ???

Thanks

I've just tried to use Fast Activate. But when I tried to run the .exe all I got was briefly a black screen popped up and then nothing. I even reinstalled the program and placed a copy in the map folder along with the ttgo file for good measure.

I've just done a fresh install of Navcore 9058 and UK maps 870_3417 on a new 2GB SD card for my Go 300.

So can anybody help me and tell me where I've gone wrong?. Or have I simply missed something vital?. Even after following the instructions that came with the Fast Activate program.

I've just been watching a demo video about using this software. On the desktop screen of the program being used I see nothing like that at all. So I am just wondering if I have to use a newer version of windows (I'm using a borrowed computer running XP) like Vista or Win 7. Is this what others are using to run this map updating software?.

Thanks for your help guys.......

Tony
    Last edited by Avantgarde; 30th May 2011 at 15:29.

Thanks

That worked better for me thanks. I don't know what has happened to my map. But maybe an error during unzipping and moving over to memory stick then on to another computer has left me with a map that won't patch properly. I did manage to get the much needed *.dct file created though. So I will copy the important files from my map folder and start again with a new copy. Hoping that all works this time.