GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Help with dysfunctional TT XL330s

Thanks

Help with dysfunctional TT XL330s

Although I have successfully updated two maps and one navcore in the past, it was inevitable that the more intricate details of navcore updating would bite me in the ***.

So what I've done is went from a 9.xx navcore to the 8.562 navcore to improve speed given the XL330s' small rom memory really bogs down for 9.xx. In the process of copying over the new navcore files, I also copied and overwrote the bootloader which after plenty of googling and forum searching, I made the mistake of downgrading the bootloader from 5.52xx to 5.51xx. Which is most likely the source of the freezing and restarting of the device.

I also read that once you downgrade the bootloader, the new version cannot be removed via formatting the device because it is embedded in the TT hidden ram memory.

So this is where I need some help, I have a general idea of how I could solve this issue. I believe I could use the TT program "Clear flash tool" to clear the memory, therefore clearing the bootloader version. Then formatting to clear the device of everything and then go and copy/patch navcore + map.

For all those who have experienced or dealt with this situation, I would really appreciate any help or feedback you can give me.

Thanks

Re: Help with dysfunctional TT XL330s

Strangely enough, after deleting some of the bloatware (add-ons) everything is running smoothly and quite snappy while still on 9.xx navcore. So looks like I don't need to go back to a older navcore after all. Anyways, I will end this thread on that note.