GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with a go classic

ennogs is offline Private
    Thanks

Help with a go classic

I bought my go classic about 5 years ago. I have never updated the map. I am now finding when using my tomtom I really need to update the map. There are a few addresses I have been that was not on my current map.

So I tried to update my map. I downloaded the latest map for the UK and Northern Ireland. I then unzipped it and copied the folder to my tomtom SD card overwriting the existing map folder. I thought that would be all I had to do to update my map to the latest version. I now know it is not that easy lol as my map is still showing version 3.90. I should have known my method did not work as i did not have to input any sort of code/password for the new map.

I did make a back up of my SD contents before trying to update it.

So can anybody explain to me how I update my go classic to the latest UK map? Or can anybody point me to a completed version with all files and folders needed that I can download and simply copy over to my SD card?

Currently my tomtom shows

App 5.440
    GPS v1.21
    Boot 3.32
    Map v390
    Last edited by ennogs; 8th April 2011 at 19:41. Reason: update information

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 305 Posts

Re: Help with a go classic

1) Delete the old map folder from the TomTom drive
    2) Download TomTom HOME from the TomTom website
    3) Run HOME, installing all the navcore updates. Keep restarting Home until all updates have been completed, where you should have the latest official navcore for the GO classic, which is 7.903
    4) Download the latest map: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_865_3246 (203MB). Careful, do NOT download the 865_3245 map, as it won't work with your navcore.
    5) Make a new folder in the TomTom, naming it United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_865_3246, extract the new map and copy across the contents into this folder
    6) Download the latest version of FastActivate Premium Edition
    7) Copy paste the file FastActivate.exe into the root of the TomTom
    8) Run FastActivate.exe. Make sure you run all 4 options in order: update meta, activate maps, patch navcore and Home
    9) Reboot TomTom on its own and test. Report back here
    Last edited by lemonfish; 9th April 2011 at 00:25.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I have been on this about 7 hours now lol and it is still not working. Before your reply I was trying to do it with easy activator.
    Ok I deleted the original map folder on my SD card. I then created a folder called United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_865_3246 and put that version map contents in there

My SD card then looked like this

This is the contents of the United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_865_3246 folder

I then installed and ran home. It offered me these update which I installed.

Then install of the update went ok. After updating it both home and my sat nav automatically restarted. I was then told my device was up to date. I did try restarting home and also my sat nav to make double sure there was not more updates.

Here is where my trouble starts. After running home and installing updates I noticed my TTGO.bif file was now gone?

I then downloaded ENG_FastActivate_28.03.2011_Premium_edition_v1.8.6 .6 and copied it to the root of my SD

I ran fast activate as administrator and I then got this.

I clicked on update meta.txt and this ran without errors

I then clicked on Maps/voices/Speedcams and got this

So I am getting told TTGO or TTNAVIGATOR cannot be found but it was installing home updates that deleted the TTGO file??

You can see in the first screenshot I definitely had a TTGO file before I installed home updates. So anyway I tried doing what number 3 said. My tomtom was still on so I restarted it. When I checked my SD card there was no new TTGO or TTNAVIGATOR file that had been created?

So that is where I am stuck at.
    Last edited by ennogs; 9th April 2011 at 04:33.

Thanks

So as it said TTGO was missing I copied the version from my original SD files. It is the same file home updates deleted. I then ran fast activate again. I was then able to run the Apps/Voices/Speedcams option. After that I ran then ttsystem/PNDNavigator. After it ran I got a message that said

Your Navcore has been patched already
    Press any key to continue............

After pressing a key I then clicked on the TomTom HOME button in fast activate and got error message

TomTom HOME Profile DLL not found

Press any key to continue

Even though I got the error messages I tried starting the sat nav. I get an error message that no maps can be found.
    Last edited by ennogs; 9th April 2011 at 04:36.

Thanks

To fix the "TomTom HOME Profile DLL not found" error in FastActivate, simply run HOME and click on "Operate my GO". This will create the profile DLL. Then shut down Home and run FastActivate and patch Home again.

To try and activate your maps from this stage, do the following:
    1) Remove the .dct files in your map folder
    2) Remove the mapsettings.cfg file in your map folder
    3) Remove the ttgo.bif file from your TomTom
    4) Unplug your TomTom from the computer and power it on. Restart. This SHOULD create a new ttgo.bif file. I see you had trouble doing that earlier, but this is where the problem may be, as sometimes using the original ttgo file from your backup may not work
    5) Run FastActivate again - all 4 options just to make sure. Sometimes you may need to run FastActivate again after rebooting.

If doing all of the above still doesn't activate your maps, then you'll need to do a complete clean install, as there could be some files missing or corrupt in your device.

A clean install starts with formatting your device, then doing all the steps you've already done, beginning with updating your navcore to the latest official one, and most importantly creating the new ttgo.bif file by starting up your TomTom at least once, even when there are no maps installed.

Please let us know how it all goes
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Thanks for all your help.

I had another go before seeing your reply. This time everything worked until doing the TomTom home option. I still get the home profile DLL not found error message. Also this time it did not delete the TTGO file

However I have just turned my sat nav on and it shows I am on version 7.903 with map version 865.3246

So it has updated.

Does it matter that I still got the home profile DLL not found error message?

Thanks

Am I right in saying I put the latest speed cameras file (Safety_Cam_UK_Premium.ov2) into the maps folder?

Thanks

Ok I have just done

To fix the "TomTom HOME Profile DLL not found" error in FastActivate, simply run HOME and click on "Operate my GO". This will create the profile DLL. Then shut down Home and run FastActivate and patch Home again.

It worked. No error message

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ennogs View Post
    Am I right in saying I put the latest speed cameras file (Safety_Cam_UK_Premium.ov2) into the maps folder?
    Yes, that is correct

Quote Originally Posted by ennogs View Post
    Ok I have just done

It worked. No error message
    Glad you got everything to work, including patching HOME. This now means that you can now use the "Operate" function in HOME, whereas when you had the error message you wouldn't be able to use that function in HOME.

Thanks for the feedback, as well as your detailed print screens!
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

Thanks

Thanks again for all your help. It is much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast