GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add a Different Map to a TT GO 720

netorius77 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Add a Different Map to a TT GO 720

I have jsut purchased a used GO 720 from the USA and want to install an Australian Map on the unit instead of the North American one. I have come unstuck!

The TT has the following information on it:
    APP: 7.480 9084/040301 OS:1000
    GPSv1.21, Boot 1.0012
    North America v705.1481

I previously updated my TT One XL with new Navcore and map and that was pretty easy; I suspect because I was only updating the map, not changing it. All the threads seem to be about updating an existing map, not installing a new one. I tried downloading the mapset (865.3246) into a folder "Australia" on the TT and then run the patch (runmeforallautomatic...) This didn't work, and I am now a bit helpless.

I have tried searching the forums, and I am sure this must have been asked, but can't seem to find the answer. Any help appreciated.

P33dro is offline General
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,868 Times in 1,239 Posts

Re: Add a Different Map to a TT GO 720

Quote Originally Posted by netorius77 View Post
    I have jsut purchased a used GO 720 from the USA and want to install an Australian Map on the unit instead of the North American one. I have come unstuck!

The TT has the following information on it:
    APP: 7.480 9084/040301 OS:1000
    GPSv1.21, Boot 1.0012
    North America v705.1481

I previously updated my TT One XL with new Navcore and map and that was pretty easy; I suspect because I was only updating the map, not changing it. All the threads seem to be about updating an existing map, not installing a new one. I tried downloading the mapset (865.3246) into a folder "Australia" on the TT and then run the patch (runmeforallautomatic...) This didn't work, and I am now a bit helpless.

I have tried searching the forums, and I am sure this must have been asked, but can't seem to find the answer. Any help appreciated.
    Download FastActivate Premium
    1. plug you device with USB to computer
    2. push button update meta.txt
    3. push button ttsystem/PNDnavigator (if your navcore not already patched)
    4. push button Maps/Voices/Speedcams

unplug your device and start your device again....
    Last edited by P33dro; 10th April 2011 at 08:36.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuriyggg View Post
    P33dro
    I have everything and always say, do not rush to give advice.
    You lot had to do with the devices for which boot loader 1.00?
    These devices are not easily reflash. To kill such a device easily. Make-hard
    netorius77
    To get started, simply plug the device to the Home-and-click on the icon to update my ...
    You must agree to all that offer Home.
    After that, write what software is installed (should be 8351
    i do not say nothing about bootloader, device cant brick with this help above
    The bootloader tutorial does not for 1.0012. members with this bootloader have updated with no problem.

Thanks

In any case, think is harmless.
    The man wrote that he is version 7.450 software (the old **** like mammoth)
    And what do you propose to him? Patch this crap?
    This version of the software will never work with modern maps.
    Therefore, I repeat, do not rush to give advice. To begin to figure it out and understand you, what and how to advise.
    It works fine with 865.3246 what he want use, why you try to make someting what he not ask at all?
    sure he can update latest navcore if he want.....

Thanks

This is the same as to buy the latest Mercedes and put it on the motor vehicles of 30 years
    LOL, you are funny....
    so this case is end of me... give support yourself if you want

Thanks

First appreciate the help - while I have been whittling away, I see there has been a bit of discussion!

The system that I followed seemed to work very easily. I just downloaded and installed the navcore and compatible map based on this thread: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...v865-here.html. I have installed the 8.351 Navcore and the Australia 865.3245 Mapset. For some reason the compatibility table says that this mapset doesn't contain house numbering (HNR), but the map does take directions to a house street number.

The TT now has the following information on it:
    APP: 8.351 9982/0905 OS:315187
    GPSv1.20, Boot 5.5120
    Australia v865.3245

1. For some reason I got a virus (malware alert) when I run the "check latest version" URL on the fastactivate premium. Anti-Virus deleted it, and all seems to be OK. (False positive?)
    2. When I log onto Tomtom Home, it says "you cannot use this map on this device: Australia-297"... Any ideas, as it seems to be working OK on the GPS - just can't operate via TT Home.

Thanks

First appreciate the help - while I have been whittling away, I see there has been a bit of discussion!

The system that I followed seemed to work very easily. I just downloaded and installed the navcore and compatible map based on this thread: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...v865-here.html. I have installed the 8.351 Navcore and the Australia 865.3245 Mapset. For some reason the compatibility table says that this mapset doesn't contain house numbering (HNR), but the map does take directions to a house street number.

GPSv1.20, Boot 5.5120
    Australia v865.3245

1. For some reason I got a virus (malware alert) when I run the "check latest version" URL on the fastactivate premium. Anti-Virus deleted it, and all seems to be OK. (False positive maybe?)
    2. When I log onto Tomtom Home, it says "you cannot use this map on this device: Australia-297"... Any ideas, as it seems to be working OK on the GPS - just can't operate via TT Home.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netorius77 View Post

GPSv1.20, Boot 5.5120
    Australia v865.3245

1. For some reason I got a virus (malware alert) when I run the "check latest version" URL on the fastactivate premium. Anti-Virus deleted it, and all seems to be OK. (False positive?)
    Yes, it is false positive, this warnig is usualy if program use UPX compression.....

When you first time use operate my device, TomTom HOME download some files from server
    close tomtom home and use FastActivate button TomTom HOME

Thanks

This is normal. Just close the warning Home will work fine
    I think he must patch TomTom HOME, but im not sure....
    this is different warning than "wrong version"
    "usualy it is not normal"... "wrong version" alert not come at all if you use official navcore updated with tomtom HOME
    Last edited by P33dro; 10th April 2011 at 13:39.

Thanks

I have now Run the patch Tomtom Home and the error has gone. Thanks again for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast