GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TT710 Wont turn on

xant14 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

TT710 Wont turn on

I have been using a TT710 for a while, with 8.412 navcore, and 5.5128 bootloader.
    It has been ok for months, a little slow on boot up, but running as it should be.
    Now it wont start up.
    I have tried re-setting, 15 secs, 30 secs. I have tried holding the on/off button on. Tried holding on/off button while depressing reset (and I get the green power light on this way).
    Tried connecting to computer, tried starting while on computer mount.. pretty much every combination.

There appears to be battery power, because as I said earlier, holding reset and on/off makes the green light come on.

Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks

sparks9898 is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: TT710 Wont turn on

Your battert is dead because of poor contact on the dock or car mount, very common problem, put it on the dock and start it up after a couple of minutes then check if its charging in the info menu, the contact block inside breaks and looses the charge circuit, unless you are very good at soldering small components get someone who knows what they are doing to sort it out, its very easy to damage more.

xant14 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

THANKS for the reply.
    I have got it started now, after a night on my home dock plus a simple restart.
    Now the problem is it wont shut down!!
    It keeps restarting, even without power. And it will not fully shut off, unless I depress the reset button.
    I have reverted back to 7.903 NC and still same bootloader 5.5128 I think.
    do you think trying a newer bootloader would have an effect?

tenorman is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

I am having a similar problem with my TomTom One. I tried, and was successful to a point, at upgradeing mine to 8.562 SE and now this morning, it started ok but won't go past the TomTom logo. And also will not now turn off. Installed the original software back onto the Sd card but still nothing is happening. The Sd card tests ok in TomTom Home so nothing wrong there. It jst won't do anything. Have tried a 'reset' with a paper clip into the hole but nothing.... Somehow by trying to upgrade I have messed it up.
    Plugged it into the car charger but nothing... Any help please???
    Hang on now going...I wasn't holding the reset button down long enough. All going again
    Last edited by tenorman; 21st April 2011 at 00:01.

tenorman is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tenorman View Post
    I am having a similar problem with my TomTom One. I tried, and was successful to a point, at upgradeing mine to 8.562 SE and now this morning, it started ok but won't go past the TomTom logo. And also will not now turn off. Installed the original software back onto the Sd card but still nothing is happening. The Sd card tests ok in TomTom Home so nothing wrong there. It jst won't do anything. Have tried a 'reset' with a paper clip into the hole but nothing.... Somehow by trying to upgrade I have messed it up.
    Plugged it into the car charger but nothing... Any help please???
    Hang on now going...I wasn't holding the reset button down long enough. All going again
    Well it did not start up again after turning off. Had to remove the sd card and do a 'reset'. The put the card back. I now have two sd cards one with hte new software v8.??? and the other with the original v7. ??.
    Useing the original it stops and starts fine but not with the newer version. tom tom home says it is 'tom tom new edition' which doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. It obviously doesn't like being updated to a different version. Pity as I was hopeing to get it to speak the street names. Any help please?