GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Help - TTS voices install in ONE-XL

Binao is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Post Help - TTS voices install in ONE-XL

Hi everyone. My friend have one Device ONE-XL and He already tried install the voices TTS but without success. My question is: Is possible to install this Device?

Device: ONE-XL
    32 RAM
    App:8.010
    maps: Brazil 8.65-3246

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 305 Posts

Re: Help - TTS voices install in ONE-XL

Quote Originally Posted by Binao View Post
    Hi everyone. My friend have one Device ONE-XL and He already tried install the voices TTS but without success. My question is: Is possible to install this Device?

Device: ONE-XL
    32 RAM
    App:8.010
    maps: Brazil 8.65-3246
    Basically there are 3 things:

1) You have to make sure you have an SE navcore that works well with ONE models - one that is RAM friendly.
    2) You need to have the right Vocalizer TTS voice that will work well with ONE models. You just copy the folder into the root of the device. I have a modified version of "Samantha" which is very clear and works extremely smoothly - no noticeable lag.
    3) You need to make sure you delete the line "ttsoff" in the setconfig.txt file found in the Config folder or the root of the device.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Sorry. I downloaded a file from the Vocalizer TTS voice Samantha but did not work, maybe it's because of low memory this Device.

Thanks

Sorry. I downloaded a file from the Vocalizer TTS voice Samantha but did not work, maybe it's because of low memory this Device.
    It's because you are using the official 8.010 navcore. As I mentioned above:
    1) You have to make sure you have an SE navcore

Try the 8.562 SE navcore. It is known to work very well with all ONE models, especially your model. Download it HERE
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    It's because you are using the official 8.010 navcore. As I mentioned above:
    1) You have to make sure you have an SE navcore

Try the 8.562 SE navcore. It is known to work very well with all ONE models, especially your model. Download it HERE
    Yes. I did exactly this and also installed the navcore 9205 SE but unsuccessful. Other users said they can't install this feature because of low memory.

Thank very much.

Thanks

Yes. I did exactly this and also installed the navcore 9205 SE but unsuccessful. Other users said they can't install this feature because of low memory.

Thank very much.
    I have the same device as you, but the smaller 3.5 inch screen instead of the 4.3 inch model. I also have only 32Mb of RAM and have Vocalizer TTS working smoothly - no lag at all, and still have between 5 to 6Mb of free RAM. For my ONE, I use the voice "Samantha" all the time.

A quick search here found the following thread which will help you step by step. Make sure you download the voices from here only, as they have been modified to work with 32Mb models like yours:

TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German)
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ