GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Tomtom on a Chinese gps ,,, help

Thanks

Tomtom on a Chinese gps ,,, help

I have owned 510 tt for several year now! and I upgraded to a 7" Chinese Gps, mtk 486, 128 ram, 800x480,
    I have copied the tt SD card to the micro card, which works on the tt. and when connected to the computer ether by SD card reader or though the 7", will open tt home and works, but I can't get it work on the 7"by it's self,,the only NAVI path it will show is ( install tomtom home.exe), no other exe file to be found...

anybody have any suggestions what I need to do?

Thank you Hotvac

Thanks

Re: Tomtom on a Chinese gps ,,, help

well I have read everything I could on this site to the point I am going blind, and downloaded all the tools & tweaks but nothing working.
    At the end.... there is no execute file for the no name GPS unit to see, except tt home. which I have deleted. and now it won't even see the SD card...unless I put another .EXE file back on it....fustrating to say the least.
    the system I have is a cvgy-tr17, see it here 7 inch HD Touchscreen GPS Navigator (bluetooth, FM transmitter)
    it comes with IGO8 , but had to put the US maps on it... it work good. just wanted to try TTom.

you guy have a nice site here, and I applaud you for dedication.. nice job....

sparks9898 is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

hi,did you check what format the card which you took from the unit, maybe it has to be formatted a certain way?? maybe the manual will give you a clue.
    Just had a quick look at ggle and the maker claims that it can run but doesnt say how you install apart from putting software on sd card then navigating to it, maybe you should try the tt software for windows - thats got a tt navigator exe

sparks9898 is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

get the tt navigator software for ipaq and copy the lot to the sd card then you will need to patch your chosen map etc, the maker says the following
    Copy the software and maps onto an SD card. Insert it into the SD card slot. From the main menu go to SETTINGS. The first thing you will see are the settings for the GPS path. The GPS path is where the device looks for the GPS software. Click on the browse button (magnifying glass) and it will allow you to browse your SD card. Look for a file that looks like this: nameofGPSsoftwaremaker.exe where the first part of the file before the dot is the name of the software maker, and the part after the dot signifies that it is an executable file.
    You may need to try different versions until you find one that works because the maker doesnt say what op system the decvice supports.

Thanks

I tried both formats , same results... it's the .exe not showing up, except for tt home,, funny part is when i plug in to my laptop it starts tt home, and I can run it on the laptop..
    reading on the tt site, you can only activate it for one unit, and I wouldn't put it past them to put the .exe file on the tt... how the other do it ??? I keep working on it...
    The GPS came with Igo8 with European maps all I did there was to back it up on 4g SD card, and download USA map and put theme in the file folder and delete European maps. as well as the poi's. It work fine... I also put mio pocket on there too, and that works. so it's not the unit... thanks for repling.... if you find an answer let me know....

ropac is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Tomtom Navcores need linux OS to work, your unit has WinCE5.0 OS.

You need Tomtom Navigator v7.910 to work on your unit.