Here you will find all the information you need
Hi, newbie here who's read alot of the posts on Navs and maps. But i can't seem to find anything that tells me specifically how to install the maps with the activator (yes i read the 5.x version of how to use Albert's activator) so I got a few questions that I hope one of you gentlemen can help me with.
Device: TomTom 130S, 4th edition, 1GB
1. Using official (original) TT Navcore 8.01x that was on the device
2. Checked compatibility charts for map of USA to use with above Nav (selected map 865.3259)
3. Downloaded and unpacked .RAR files, but don't know which files to move or where to put them. Do I move the entire set of folders to the device?
4. Also i saved the 6.0 version of the Albert's activator on the device and ran the Navcore update. Now what do i do to activate the USA maps (assuming i move the entire set of map files to the device)?
5. Since the TT holds 1 GB max, do I remove the original maps to make room for the USA maps? or do I flash the RAM to get rid of all contents and then move the new map files onto the device?
6. I'm totally lost and confused....
any step by step help please??
Here you will find all the information you need
You are limited by what your device can hold. Mine has 2GB memory, so I can only realistically fit one map on my device. It can't even hold the newer UK and EU maps as they are too big! This is why next time I will buy a TT with a memory card, not internal memory! You may need to delete the original map files to make enough space for the maps you downloaded. I recommend just cutting and pasting them onto your PC so you have a copy in case something goes wrong.
1. Is the 8.01x Navcore the latest for your device? Connect it to your PC and try updating the software, it is always best to use the latest
2. With either 8 or 9 navcore, download EasyActivator6. This is a quick and easy way to patch the navcore. You may find it here: EA6
3. When you extract it, there should just be one file. Copy and paste this file to your device (not inside any folders, just in the root folder). Double click it once copied (it might run quite slow as it's from a USB device!)
4. The window should say whether you device is detected and the version of Navcore. Click the bottom button which patch your navcore files. This should run and patch everything.
5. Download your maps and extract the folder to the device (so, you should have a folder in your root which contains map files).
7. Ensure you have a meta.txt file in your root folder of device. This is a list of maps and the code needed to activate them. If you don't have one, PM me or find one on the site. Make sure the map you downloaded has it's data in the meta.txt file. It should look like:
This is an example of a few lines of mine. I downloaded these maps and added the code into my meta.txt file. So, as you can see the last map I dloaded and installed was "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-307.meta".;Country Maps
67 98 DC D1 ED D2 12 4A 48 BD 31 56 6F 19 6E A8 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-307.meta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 865_3259
EC 2D 34 1D 98 BC 48 C0 7A B1 88 E2 0A EF 0A 79 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-169.meta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 850.2820
DA 84 18 81 80 42 D3 69 3D 7E C2 0F 10 F8 65 A5 Western_and_Central_Europe-162.meta ; Western_and_Central_Europe 850.2801
6. Run EasyActivator6 again and this time click the "patch all maps and POI's". This should then patch the maps and any POI's. Be aware, some POI's such as cameras do not require data in the meta.txt file. Easyactivator6 may give an error saying no data found for POI in meta.txt, but just ignore that
7. Disconnect device, reboot and fire it up!
Last edited by alex98uk; 1st May 2011 at 18:26.
I followed the steps thru step 4 which you kindly outlined. As for step 5, should I clear out all the folders on my device (folders like "raster, pois, sounds, text, tomtom-config, voices, etc")? If i just get rid of the current map folder (US & Canada), i should have enough space for the new files while leaving all other existing folders alone. Is that ok?
As for Step 7 and the existence of a meta.txt folder.... I don't have anything except "ee_meta" in a folder labeled "ephem" and a meta text document in my old US & Canada map folder. (The meta text doc is blank by the way with no data at all when i try opening it.) But the new USA map that I downloaded and extracted has a meta file "United_States-307.meta" in its folder.
Not sure where I need to go from here...???
So, this is what my satnav looked like before I updated it. The folder ringed red is my current map that I want to replace. So I would just cut and paste that onto my PC as a backup. I can then copy and paste on my new map folder.
As for the meta.txt file, we can create one. Where did you download the map from? Which thread? They usually have code in them. Give me the link and i'll show you what to do
Last edited by alex98uk; 2nd May 2011 at 10:28.
I recommend you use Fast Activate Premium Edition instead of Easy Activator. It's so simple to use. There are just 4 buttons to press - no need to add meta files or anything like that. Just a few clicks and it's automatically done! No headaches
Download the latest version here:
TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244
Yes, did exactly as you told me and just saved the existing maps on my PC and replaced with the new ones on my device that i downloaded. The maps that I'm now trying are France maps which i downloaded from here: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...65-3259-a.html
will wait for your meta txt help
In the meantime i'll also trying Lemonfish's activator. Thanks Alex in advance!
Any luck with the activator from Lemonfish? There are multiple ways of doing things... I just choose meta.txt and EasyActivator.
If you still want to use my technique, open notepad and paste in this:
Then, save the document as meta.txt. Put that text file on the root of the device. Then when EasyActivator runs, it will automatically look for this file. It contains the code required to activate the map. So each time you download a new map, take the code that is in the thread (the stuff I said copy and paste in) and just add it to the list. So, in a few months, your meta file might look like this:Code:;Country Maps ; 0F 6F 0C 87 DD 3C D3 6C 33 EC 59 32 C9 FC 1E 7C France-307.meta ; France 865_3259
Order doesn't matter, as long as the code is in there. All threads with maps to download should have that code you need to put in the meta.txt file.Code:;Country Maps ; 0F 6F 0C 87 DD 3C D3 6C 33 EC 59 32 C9 FC 1E 7C France-307.meta ; France 865_3259 67 98 DC D1 ED D2 12 4A 48 BD 31 56 6F 19 6E A8 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-307.meta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 865_3259 5D 13 6E 54 DB F5 5B B7 47 40 A3 67 25 C3 9A 72 Central_and_Eastern_Europe-169.meta ; Central_and_Eastern_Europe 850_2820 DA 84 18 81 80 42 D3 69 3D 7E C2 0F 10 F8 65 A5 Western_and_Central_Europe-162.meta ; Western_and_Central_Europe 850_2801 78 CF E2 BC FB AB 83 22 1B 3B B1 1A 30 0D 79 A3 Malaysia_Singapore-162.meta ; Malaysia_Singapore 850_2818
Last edited by alex98uk; 6th May 2011 at 19:03.
I'll try yours / Lemon's methods and report back with results. (keeping fingers crossed...)
thanks you guys!
I tried Alex's method and it worked great. Thank you Alex!
I also tried Lemonfish's suggestion and used the activator. It was easy, simply and fast.
If i had to do it again, the fastactivator gets my vote!
Thanks much - you guys are both terrific !