GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Help - Device says Problem with Map - Cannot use this map on this device

HellfireX is offline Private
    Thanks

Help - Device says Problem with Map - Cannot use this map on this device

Hi all,

I have a tomtom xl 310 Canada with IQ or w/e.

I updated my tomtom using tomtom home and it said I was using 9061 so I downloaded one of the navcore for the lazy that matched that number.

Then I erased my tomtom and then copied the contents of that onto my tomtom so I now have folders like schemes, script, etc.. showing when I view the tomtom.

I am heading to western Europe and wanted maps for Europe so I checked the compatablity list and it looked like the Europe West 865_3245 map was compatible. So I downloaded it, and then copied the map to my tomtom so I have a folder called Europe_West_865_3245 along with the other folders like schemes, script etc... showing.

I then attempted to use the meta file thingy - EasyActivator but it gave me an error, it finds the map but when I hit Activate I get:
    -> F:\EUROPE~1\TT8_KE~1.EXE F:\EUROPE~1\ AKTGLAJE36 8

There is no such key ('Europe_West-297.meta') in keyfile 'Meta.txt'
    'Europe_West-297.meta' - Error

So I just decided to boot up the device and now it says I can not use the map.

Please help!
    Last edited by HellfireX; 1st May 2011 at 22:17.

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 305 Posts

Re: Help - Device says Problem with Map - Cannot use this map on this device

Quote Originally Posted by HellfireX View Post
    Hi all,

I have a tomtom xl 310 Canada with IQ or w/e.

I updated my tomtom using tomtom home and it said I was using 9061 so I downloaded one of the navcore for the lazy that matched that number.

Then I erased my tomtom and then copied the contents of that onto my tomtom so I now have folders like schemes, script, etc.. showing when I view the tomtom.
    Since TomTom HOME said you were using navcore 9.061, you didn't need to download the same navcore - you already have it! It was not necessary to erase your TomTom drive and download the navcore again from the forum.

I am heading to western Europe and wanted maps for Europe so I checked the compatablity list and it looked like the Europe West 865_3245 map was compatible. So I downloaded it, and then copied the map to my tomtom so I have a folder called Europe_West_865_3245 along with the other folders like schemes, script etc... showing.
    Correct. 865_3245 is the right map - the full featured one that will work with any navcore version 8.2xx or higher.

I then attempted to use the meta file thingy - EasyActivator but it gave me an error, it finds the map but when I hit Activate I get:
    -> F:\EUROPE~1\TT8_KE~1.EXE F:\EUROPE~1\ AKTGLAJE36 8

There is no such key ('Europe_West-297.meta') in keyfile 'Meta.txt'
    'Europe_West-297.meta' - Error

So I just decided to boot up the device and now it says I can not use the map.

Please help!
    There was probably no ttgo.bif file when you tried activating it, hence the error. You can try patching it again. Note that a new ttgo.bif can be created by booting the device on its own.

If you don't have it already, I strongly recommened FastActivate Premium Edition for patching/activating maps, etc with ease. Download the latest version here:

FastActivate
    Last edited by lemonfish; 2nd May 2011 at 00:40.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    There was probably no ttgo.bif file when you tried activating it, hence the error. You can try patching it again. Note that a new ttgo.bif can be created by booting the device on its own.

If you don't have it already, I strongly recommened FastActivate Premium Edition for patching/activating maps, etc with ease. Download the latest version here:

FastActivate
    Thanks,

I used the Fast Activator and it worked!! I can turn on the device and no more map error.... though it does seem to turn itself off automatically.. not sure if it due to the fact I'm not in Europe so the GSP lock wouldn't show anywhere on the map?

Thanks

Thanks,

I used the Fast Activator and it worked!! I can turn on the device and no more map error.... though it does seem to turn itself off automatically.. not sure if it due to the fact I'm not in Europe so the GSP lock wouldn't show anywhere on the map?
    No, it doesn't matter where you live - it shouldn't just turn itself off. Is it just turning itself off or is it restarting? If it just turns off after a while, then it could be one of 2 things:

1) There is an option in the menu, usually under "Battery saving preferences" that says "Switch off when external power is lost". Make sure this is not ticked.
    2) Low battery. Charge the battery for 2 or 3 hours, but it can take up to 5 hours for a full charge.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

No, it doesn't matter where you live - it shouldn't just turn itself off. Is it just turning itself off or is it restarting? If it just turns off after a while, then it could be one of 2 things:

1) There is an option in the menu, usually under "Battery saving preferences" that says "Switch off when external power is lost". Make sure this is not ticked.
    2) Low battery. Charge the battery for 2 or 3 hours, but it can take up to 5 hours for a full charge.
    No it is definitely restarting.

Thanks

No it is definitely restarting.
    Delete the file mapsettings.cfg from the map folder. Reboot your device.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

Thanks

Delete the file mapsettings.cfg from the map folder. Reboot your device.
    No luck, still rebooting on it's own.

Thanks

No luck, still rebooting on it's own.
    Run FastActivate Premium Edition again. Make sure you click on all 4 options in order!

If that still doesn't fix it, you may need a clean install as a last resort. Do the following:

1) Backup the entire contents of your TomTom
    2) Erase all the contents of your TomTom.
    3) Run TomTom HOME and run all the updates. Restart HOME as many times as needed until all updates have been completed.
    4) Disconnect the device from the computer.
    5) Start your TomTom device on its own. Wait for it to boot up. Ignore any error messages. (This step creates a new ttgo.bif which will be needed later for patching your map and navcore).
    6) Copy across the folder with the new map into the root of the device. Make sure you just have a folder with all the contents - not a folder within a folder. Rename the map folder to: Europe_West
    7) Copy across the voices folder from your backup, overwriting any files if asked.
    8) Open the contents of the latest version of FastActivate Premium Edition. Copy the file FastActivate.exe into the root of your device.
    9) Run FastActivate.exe and click all 4 options: update meta, maps/voices, patch navcore & Home.
    10) Disconnect your TomTom from the computer. Reboot. It should be working better than ever now
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

Thanks

Run FastActivate Premium Edition again. Make sure you click on all 4 options in order!

If that still doesn't fix it, you may need a clean install as a last resort. Do the following:

1) Backup the entire contents of your TomTom
    2) Erase all the contents of your TomTom.
    3) Run TomTom HOME and run all the updates. Restart HOME as many times as needed until all updates have been completed.
    4) Disconnect the device from the computer.
    5) Start your TomTom device on its own. Wait for it to boot up. Ignore any error messages. (This step creates a new ttgo.bif which will be needed later for patching your map and navcore).
    6) Copy across the folder with the new map into the root of the device. Make sure you just have a folder with all the contents - not a folder within a folder. Rename the map folder to: Europe_West
    7) Copy across the voices folder from your backup, overwriting any files if asked.
    8) Open the contents of the latest version of FastActivate Premium Edition. Copy the file FastActivate.exe into the root of your device.
    9) Run FastActivate.exe and click all 4 options: update meta, maps/voices, patch navcore & Home.
    10) Disconnect your TomTom from the computer. Reboot. It should be working better than ever now
    Thanks,

I ended up having to wipe the tomtom and redoing it all, works now though!! yay! Thanks for your assistance!