GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Newbie Trying to install

sammyapache is offline Private
    Thanks

Newbie Trying to install

I have a car unit called Xtrons that came with igo8 v. 8.0.0.44898 and US/Canada maps, works fine, I'm about to leave to Germany in August and would like to switch to the TomTom version, just wondering if I have this Igo8 running from an SD card, do I just get the tomtom 7 navigator for winmobile in order to replace it? I just want the software with the Europe maps, not worried about US since my igo8 works fine here in the US. Pretty much want to know which version of tomtom I can install on this car unit, I'm assuming the iphon version wont work. Thanks

treoluv is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Newbie Trying to install

Don't you trust iGo Europe maps? That's the easiest way to have EU nav in your device. Very hard to answer any question related to a car unit unless it is a very popular one. I used to have tomtom 7 and iGo 8.3 installed on the SD card on my WM 6.5 device, they both worked perfectly, except iGO took much longer time to re-calculate the route.

What make you think that iphone TT version will work; is it installed iOS 4.x.x? If you REALLY want to jump the ship to Tomtom, my best bet is to go with tomtom version for Win CE 5.
    GO 920T Navcore SE_9.026, 920T x 2 Navcore Downunder 9.430, 720T Navcore OEM 9.431, iphone4S tomtom 1.10, WM 6.5 tomtom 7.916.9189_VGA_HTC, Garmin 205W

Thanks

Re: Newbie Trying to install

Did you ever have any luck installing tomtom to your xtrons unit.