GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: is the TT go720 and go920 LCD same?

Thanks

is the TT go720 and go920 LCD same?

Hi, Im trying to replace my go720 LCD(unfortunately it got broken) and im wondering if i can use the go720 screen instead of buying one at ebay for around 60aud.

any help appreciated. thanks!

surfjunkey is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: is the TT go720 and go920 LCD same?

No they are not identical.... TomTom use 3 different screen versions in the 520/720/920 range
    You have to open yours up and see what screen type it is from the numbers on the back of the screen, then order the correct one as they are not inter-changable if you order the wrong one. Make sure you order the same type as yours.

I bought one of the Chinese copies for mine & for about £35 (Screen & Digitiser), went straight in and works a treat. The sreens are very easy to fit.
    Last edited by surfjunkey; 12th May 2011 at 10:19.
    There Are No Problems - Only Solutions

If you appreciate my work - use the thanks button - a little thanks go's a long way.....!

Thanks

Re: is the TT go720 and go920 LCD same?

thanks, I saw a 720 that for sale because the receiver was not working, i was planning to buy that and get the lcd and put it in my 920.. guess that will not work. thanks for your reply, you save me 25 bucks!.

yeah i agree, dismantle my 920 twice last night, easy enough to replace the screen but unfortunately, its the lcd that is broken so i have to buy the 70 aud lcd and digitizer i saw in ebay...