GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Splitting Europe maps when using a patched Navcore possible?

swiss is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Splitting Europe maps when using a patched Navcore possible?

Does anybody here have experience weather it is possible to split the larger Europe maps when using a patched Navcore?

I was thinking to buy the new TomTom Urban Rider. But the Tom Tom Urban Rider has only 2 GB of internal memory and no possibility to expand it with an SD card. That’ s a real downside and would actually be a reason NOT to buy the TT UR. But still the TTUR has a few advantages vs. its competitors in the same price league, so I am considering it.

TomTom mentions one could split the larger Europe map into 4 parts. And then simply load only that part that is currently needed.

Does anybody here know if it is possible to split maps when using later a patched Navcore? Would be great if somebody knows and can share, I don’ t want to end up buying that new TT UR and then finding out I am unable to split new full-size maps once I switch to a patched Navore

swiss is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Splitting Europe maps when using a patched Navcore possible?

Thx biggerdave for superfast reply,
    before posting this question I learned how to install a patched Navcore and how to activate maps on a TT with patched Navcore.
    The problem is that the brand-new TT UR does NOT have a slot for SD cards, it only has internal 2 GB memory. So I cannot make various SD cards. But what I could do later on is: make various patched Navcores with different activated maps and store them on my Notebook. And then upload it to the TT UR when I am on a longer ride and need to change the region. Hmm, somehow thats not really appealing, maybe I'd better buy another device like Zumo.

What made me however post the question is that on TT support side it is officially adviced, one can actually buy the the large Europe map to be used on TT Urban Rider, then split it into 4 zones and "simply" change. I was wondering if that splitting could be done when using a patched Navcore and a full map acivated by Kegen.

gbrush1 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Splitting Europe maps when using a patched Navcore possible?

Quote Originally Posted by caspar08 View Post
    BUMP.
    Same question here.
    swiss is referring to the 5 Europe Zone maps, North, South, East, West and Central.

Map zones