Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Buying a new device? Which to choose

teme565 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: best current TOMTom To buy ?

Since all those new TomToms are not worth to buy (at least not as long as they are not cracked), if one needs navigator, I would say that any TomTom with SD-slot and 64MB of RAM is good.

TomTom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wikipedia has good list of TomToms and their specs. If I'd now be in need of a new device (I currently have GO730), I'd search Go520/720/920/530/730/930/940Live because these models have FM transmitter.
    TomTom GO730 running Navcore 9.051 by bmwdriver+
    TomTom One V1 running Navcore 8.545 by bmwdriver+

alleshateinende is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Thanks for the information i am looking to buy one of this GO LIVE 1005 World; question is the first year; the maps are free, but after this can i get them from here?

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alleshateinende View Post
    Thanks for the information i am looking to buy one of this GO LIVE 1005 World; question is the first year; the maps are free, but after this can i get them from here?
    No.
    Why all the new "invisible" TomToms using navcore v10/v11/v12 cannot be cracked
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teme565 View Post
    Since all those new TomToms are not worth to buy (at least not as long as they are not cracked), if one needs navigator, I would say that any TomTom with SD-slot and 64MB of RAM is good.

TomTom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wikipedia has good list of TomToms and their specs. If I'd now be in need of a new device (I currently have GO730), I'd search Go520/720/920/530/730/930/940Live because these models have FM transmitter.
    What about the Go 740? and Go 710 models - will these be OK?

jermako is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Hi,my friend's only requirement is the size of the screen.
    Which one of those 5" would be the cheapest now?
    XXL or VIA 125?
    What about GO LIVE-is it possible to crack it?

Charles1 is offline Private
    Thanks

So, I guess that for all of us that still have a working "older" model TomTom this would mean: hang on to it and keep it as happy as your wife.

bjluv is offline Corporal
    Thanks
    Is it wise to buy tomtom xxl?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Re: Buying a new device? Which to choose

yeh don't see why not. As long as you don't want bluetooth (and who does most new cars have bluetooth). They can be a little 'herky-jerky' because they have a fairly slow processor and most appear to be (here in Aus at least) USB1 not 2, so updating can be a little slow. Mounting system is great; some people seems to have trouble with the ezi mount system; I'm not real bright and provided a little care is taken it's a wonderful idea. Bought one a few weeks ago and I just love the big screen. Better for us old guys with fading vision. And some reatailers are selling them for as little as $99 (Dick Smith) if you are in Aus.
    Al

amcnamara is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allypink View Post
    yeh don't see why not. As long as you don't want bluetooth (and who does most new cars have bluetooth). They can be a little 'herky-jerky' because they have a fairly slow processor and most appear to be (here in Aus at least) USB1 not 2, so updating can be a little slow. Mounting system is great; some people seems to have trouble with the ezi mount system; I'm not real bright and provided a little care is taken it's a wonderful idea. Bought one a few weeks ago and I just love the big screen. Better for us old guys with fading vision. And some reatailers are selling them for as little as $99 (Dick Smith) if you are in Aus.
    Al
    100% agree.
    The bluetooth missing is no problem now because most car radio's have bluetooth and MP3 playback.
    TMC USB connectors can be plugged in giving you traffic and an additional charger.
    The 2GB internal storage is a little tight but most region maps fit within 2GB except full Europe.
    You can always drop back to Western and Central Europe which mostly fits in 1.8GB plus you can delete cspeech to save yourself 200MB.
    I have a Go 700, XXL Classic, iPhone with TT and Andriod with TT.
    There is very little difference between them all but the 5 inch screen in the XXL is fantastic and bright and the resolution really doesn't change much in the way of screen detail throughout all the ranges except Android. Plus the XXL is based on the older Navcore 9.x so it's completely hackable and it can still be purchased for new these days from Amazon, Tesco and various other resellers. There is even a discounted UK & ROI version which comes in at 20 Euros cheaper.
    I run Navcore 9.465 on my XXL and on my Go 700. I try to keep them identical to compare performance.
    The XXL is slightly slower but ignore the 1/3 difference in CPU clock speed because the CPU is of a newer revision which does more per cycle hence not needing to be as fast.

- tonymac

Thanks

Are there any Tom Tom devices that has got the same LCD Screen as the XL Canada 310 n14644 has?
    Thanks

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast