Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomtom Windows CE

Thanks

Tomtom Windows CE

I have a Chinese Double Din Headunit in my MG ZT that came with IGO8. That works fine but i'm so used to Tomtom!

It runs Windows CE 6.0 i'm told, but it could be 5.0 been unable to check as it runs a user interface over the top.

I have Tomtom 6 working fine on the unit but maps outdated and seems there was no map protection as copied directly off a friend.

Have been reading on here last few days.

Have downloaded Tom Tom 7;

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...html#post12696

and this Map (UK based)

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...70_3414-a.html

can anyone advise if this is the right combination and how i proceed from here?

Many thanks! Sam

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rizel23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Tomtom Windows CE

Quote Originally Posted by rizel23 View Post
    I have a Chinese Double Din Headunit in my MG ZT that came with IGO8. That works fine but i'm so used to Tomtom!

It runs Windows CE 6.0 i'm told, but it could be 5.0 been unable to check as it runs a user interface over the top.

I have Tomtom 6 working fine on the unit but maps outdated and seems there was no map protection as copied directly off a friend.

Have been reading on here last few days.

Have downloaded Tom Tom 7;

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...html#post12696

and this Map (UK based)

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...70_3414-a.html

can anyone advise if this is the right combination and how i proceed from here?

Many thanks! Sam
    anyone? Getting a bit stuck to how to get this working! thanks

ah-b is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

1. Copy both the TomTom Navigator (TTN) at the root directory and the UK map (in a folder) to a SD card.
    2. With the SD card inside your pda, install the TomTom Navigator.
    3. Run TTN. At this stage TTN cannot use the UK map yet. A ttnavigator.bif should be found in the root directory of your SD card;
    4. Take out the SD card and run FastActivator (download from this site, search and it is easily found) in your PC. This is to generate a *.dct for the UK map; and
    5. TTN should be able to use the UK map.

Good luck.
    Last edited by ah-b; 8th July 2011 at 09:48.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ah-b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ah-b View Post
    1. Copy both the TomTom Navigator (TTN) at the root directory and the UK map (in a folder) to a SD card.
    3. Run TTN. At this stage TTN cannot use the UK map yet. A ttnavigator.bif should be found in the root directory of your SD card;
    4. Take out the SD card and run FastActivator (download from this site, search and it is easily found) in your PC. This is to generate a *.dct for the UK map; and

Good luck.
    many thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ah-b View Post

Good luck.

I have followed these instructions to the T, but getting 'No maps found'

I have on the root of the SD card;

1) Tomtom Folder
    2) United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_870_3414 folder with mps in

when i run TT in my unit for the first time it creates the .bif file no problem on the root, i then run FastActivator and get a .meta file on the root, Try to run TT in my unit again but getting the no maps found?

i'm doing anything obviously wrong? wrong maps for version of TT? thanks

Thanks

I too am having the exact same problem. Have read many posts on the forum and googled it. No joy. Some help from a "guru" would be most appreciated.

Cheers
    ACS

ropac is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

I presume you are using Tomtom 7.910?

With this you need map UK & ROI 870.3419

Maps .3414 will not work

Thanks

i have a Chinese unit with igo and would prefer tomtom,
    dose it actually work ?

jedi is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks
    U don't think anyone has a reliable working copy for CE6 yet....I'm using navigon at the moment on mine

Thanks

Sorry to bump an old thread, but as a new member I can't start a new thread of my own till I've made 10 posts..... So....

I'm looking to buy a cheap 7" GPS system, like this one : 7" HD Car GPS Navigation Built-in 4GB Mp3 FM 128RAM POI WinCE 6.0 Free Map | eBay , with a view to doing a custom install in my car (replacing the stock 7" screen in it's OEM housing). My questions are, firstly can I install a working and stable version of TomTom Navigator on it (I am used to the older interface of the TomTom One I have, along with my work PDA that runs TomTom Navigator 7.918 (9183) on a HTC pda, on Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro)

And secondly, if it's possible, is there something I can do so that when the GPS is switched on, it starts up and auto-boots into TomTom Navigator; ie, it just starts it running automatically without me having to select it on screen?

The OEM housing in my car is a flip up unit, which turns on a opens up with ignition start, and closes/turns off when the ignition is killed. So the GPS unit will switch on and off with ignition also, and I'd really need TomTom on it to autostart with power on (and power off)

If I have to downgrade the unit to WinCE 5.0 I've no problem doing so (provided it will run) and I don't even mind if the maps aren't the absolute final ones available now (though not too out of date would be useful) - I don't mind if I have no use of any other the other functions of the GPS unit, such as music, video, games, etc at all - I just intend to run TomTom on it, and hook up a reverse camera to the AV input (which isn't software dependant; it's just an AV channel hook up and switch, like changing channel on the your TV)

Hope someone can help me out here - other than all-in-one units like my TomTom One (and a TomTom Start that I also have - which I hate!!) I've no experience of installing TomTom as a program on a device (my works one is all provided and configured, so I have no input with it, other than turning it on!)

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)